Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AE 5.2 Request "Valid To" role date field - change at stage processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Listeners,

I am currently running AE 5.2 SP13 patch 1 Build 68302

I noticed when a request is entered and roles are assigned there is a Valid From date (defaults to the day of the request) and Valid To date (defaults to 12/31/9999)

I process the request through 3 stages, Security Initial>Internal Control>Security Final

If the Valid To date needs to be changed during the workflow, any of these stages appears to be able to make the changes but the changed date does not stay; it resorts back to whatever was entered at the initial request time

Has anyone experienced this or know if this is a known "bug"? or is there something I am missing on performing this change?

Since I can review the request at any of the stages and "clear" the date field for the specific role and change it to the desired date, once I approve that stage and review it at the next stage the original date returns

Any comments appreciated

Thanks

Jerry Synoga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Listeners,

I opened up an issue with SAP support and the conclusion is:

There is a problem with changing of the VALID TO date field for AE 5.2 at the SP13 level

This known problem is corrected at the SP14 level; this is the only way to receive correction for this problem; there is no specific note that you can apply in place of SP14

This will conclude my inquiry into this and close this message

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

I don't have AE 5.2 and have not used it for more than a year so I won't be able to comment if this is working or not. What is the stage level setting for 'Change Request Content'? If it is 'yes' then this seems to be a bug. Did you open CSS message with SAP?

Regards,

Alpesh