Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDP Java Mobile Apps - What do we need?

paskal_singh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a business requirement to write mobile apps for blackberry and/or iPhone.

The purpose of the application is to integrate with UWL and SRM. All we want to be able to do is implement a approval/reject workflow for our Travel Management System and Capital Approval System.

My question is, do we requre SAP Mobile Infrastructure to do this to integrate to SAP SRM?

Can we write the mobile apps to connect straight to SRM? What do we need to develop the apps, ie NWDS?

If we develop in Web Dyn pro Java, does the mobile device use a browser to run the app? How else can we develop?

Any informaton to get us started will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Paskal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paskal,

I understan you requirement and defintly you don't need a Mobile Server (in previous releases called Mobile Infrastructure).

I your case you just need a WAS Java and web mobile experience. You need a conventional NWDS for develop your web mobile applications, eg: NWDS 7.0.19 .

Use WebDynpro framework for mobile develops and run your applications in a supported browser.

You can see mobile demos from this site: [Celeritech Mobile Demos|http://www.celeritechsolutions.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtmode/preview/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.cts.cts_content!2fcom.cts.pcd.ws.f.web_site!2fcom.cts.pcd.ws.f.iViews!2ff.km_content!2fDemoMOBISSalesMobile]

Regards,

David Faustini

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

paskal_singh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a WDP app using NWDS 7.0.19 and deployed to the NWA 7.0. It works well and is accesible by all blackberry devices.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

Have you progressed on this development? It would be interesting to know what you have done for the benefit of this forum members.

In case you need answers to your question:

Mobile Server is not required in this case. Mobile Sever or MI is specifically used to create applications with off-line capability. From what you described it is best to develop a Java mobile web dynpro application and deploy it on to Netweaver.

Please let me know what you did.

cheers,

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paskal

You can develop mobile apps for connecting SRM system.

You can use WebDynpro for Java to develop mobile apps. you need to use mobile compatible UI elements.

Please go through in [SDN Mobile|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-wdjava?rid=/webcontent/uuid/10534d3e-fe3d-2a10-d8b8-fe497d2a5419] [original link is broken];

Hope this will helps you.

thanks

Arun