SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Analyze Sale of Lamb/Chicken Parts but Purchased as Whole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please go through below requirement, our client went live on IS Retail and required below scenario:

Lamb and Chicken purchased as whole and sold in parts in different ways (like breast, liver, legs, boneless meat, bones and fats, chops, neck etc., chicken legs, wings etc.,). Require sales analysis of different parts sales separately and sales as a whole entity.

While selling it separately some wastage will also occur. At day end need to analyze how much sold as separately and what is the wastage against the whole chicken.

How do we create these Parent & child relation ship and how do we analyze stock of both.

Please help me how do we configure / create Article master to meet the above scenario.

Thanks

Gopal J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a similar scenario with one of my clients.

I implemented the following.

Meat is bought in the form of slaughtered animal, which is cut into pieces at the DC and then sold.

1. The Article u201CChickenu201D is a display article which has 4 components.

2. Each of the 4 components is a Single article viz Chicken leg, Chicken Breast, Chicken Body & Chicken waste.

3. Article u201CChickenu201D is procured in PC and the Purchase cost is in Kg. Average weight of the u201CChickenu201D is maintained, which is used as basis.

4. Using movement type 319, the article u201CChickenu201D is broken down into the 4 components which Pre defined in the Display Article data.

5. The inventory of each of the 4 components is maintained in PC. The components are purchased and sold in unit PC, however the Purchase & Sales Prices are in KG.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a similar scenario with one of my clients.

I implemented the following.

Meat is bought in the form of slaughtered animal, which is cut into pieces at the DC and then sold.

1. The Article u201CChickenu201D is a display article which has 4 components.

2. Each of the 4 components is a Single article viz Chicken leg, Chicken Breast, Chicken Body & Chicken waste.

3. Article u201CChickenu201D is procured in PC and the Purchase cost is in Kg. Average weight of the u201CChickenu201D is maintained, which is used as basis.

4. Using movement type 319, the article u201CChickenu201D is broken down into the 4 components which Pre defined in the Display Article data.

5. The inventory of each of the 4 components is maintained in PC. The components are purchased and sold in unit PC, however the Purchase & Sales Prices are in KG.