cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVS value help doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm creating my first OVS help for a field. I added OVS component usuage to to my component and view. In the context of my field where I want the help to appear, I choose the Object value selector as the input help mode and choose the OVS usage. Now as per SAP's documentation, I want to add the code to the event handler methd ON_OVS. But in my method list, I'm not able to see this event handler method. What else I should do for this event handler method to appear on my method list?

Thanks,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Event handlers should be created by us. Go to the methods tab in the view and give a name and choose the method type as Event handler.

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Follow these steps:

1) Go to the view where you want to have the OVS help.

2) Go to the properties tab of the view, click on the create component usage button and select the OVS component which you have already added to you component.

3) Go to the method tab of your view, create an event handler. Name it as ,say, On_OVS and then click on the enent column of the event handler, press F4 and then select the OVS event.

4) Now your OVS event hanlder is ready, write the code in it .

Regards

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

REfer the standard component : DEMO_VALUE_HELP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please save the component and do a syntax check, you should be able to find out.

Regards,

Sameer