cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC status on 03 but not recieved on target system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are recieving inbound idoc from external system and processing Inbound IDOC on SAP system, after processing inbound idoc on SAP we are sending status outbound idoc to external system.

The above functionality was working fine before upgradation.

after upgradation we have recreated RFC (TCP/IP) connection, updated at port level and also configured the new SAP system details ( sid, Hostname, service programsname...) on external system correctly.

Now we are recieving inbound idoc from external system on upgraded system,after processing inbound idoc details on SAP system, generating outbound idoc from SAP and it reaching the outbound prot sucessfully on 03 status with green light.

But external system is not recieving the IDOC. How to find why idoc is not reaching external system even though it is sucessfully passed at outbound port level with green light status 03.

We have also checked the SM58 for TRFC entries but we didn't identified any entries on SM58. Please help us on this issue

Thanks,

Raju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

GauthamV
Active Contributor

Just execute BD75 transaction and check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a distribution model (BD64) and distribute the IDoc. It should work.

paruchuri_nagesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IDOC status 03 means it just passed to port. Not dispatched from sending system

need to execute BD75 tcode to dispatch from sending system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

We alos face the same issue in our project.

the method we followed is , in middleware they created new program id and also from sap side we created new RFC destination.

Some times there may be incosistency in the Middleware. some times middleware tool gets hanged.

plz try this solution.

Regards,

Lokeswari.

Manohar2u
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this may ne stuck in rfc queue- check in sm58..and execute LUW -- may be rfc connection to desnation isn't working or receiving system may not be available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you use a COMMIT WORK after sending the iDoc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to tcde sxmb_moni and check if your idoc has been sent to external system or not

ThaNKS!

-Faria Mithani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked sxmb_moni (Status monitor for sync/Async communication), BD75 transactions, But we didn't find any message on these transactions.

In exetnal system ProgramID was configured correctly and also we are recieving inbound idoc from external system

Is there any other way to find why idoc (Status 03) is not recieving on target system from SAP.

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the idoc status 03 is successfully sent to other system..

status 12 os thr right status tells idoc is dispatched..

check the other system setting whether is properly configured..

if syntax error the status is 56 ..else 50 the idoc is on queue...

try to check the setting or today triggered all idoc's..

Regards,

Prabhudas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi...

This is problem with your RFC. in SAP while craeting Logical destination , we will give some destination like "Program Ids". if these programids are running in the external system and connection is established with SAp only external systems able to receive.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Lokeswari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is your external system? Please Give information about the system?...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

External systme is adaptris, Current SAP system is unicode ecc6.0 system with 700 rlease

We have recreated the RFC connection from SAP end and Program ID from adaptris side, But still no use.

We are not able to understand why this outbound idoc (status03), Not reaching target system means adaptris

If any one faced this problem, If any specific configuration required please help us

Thanks,

Raj

Manohar2u
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

to overcome such issues SAP suggests to collect the idocs and schedule RSEOUT00 program in background to send idocs (read in some oss note before) Try this way it will work for sure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Execute 'RBDMOIND' program.

As per the SAP documentation, this report checks whether IDocs have been sent successfully using tRFC. If they have, the IDoc status is changed from '03 Data transfer to port OK' to '12 Sent OK'. If the status of one IDoc has not been changed, this indicates that the tRFC for this IDoc has not yet been executed.

On the initial screen:

If a date is specified in the 'IDoc creation date (from)' field, all IDocs created since this date are checked.

If the field is left blank, all IDocs in the system with status 03 are checked.

An entry in the 'IDocs per Commit Work' means that a database commit saving the new status is carried out whenever the number of processed IDocs reaches this value.

If the status of an IDoc is not changed, this indicates that the aRFC has not been carried out for this IDoc.

Regards,

Ganga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

As mentioned by , the one common problem for the IDocs not being sent might be a missing COMMIT WORK. I.e. when using the standard SAP API's for sending outbound IDocs, SAP actually creates the IDoc and registers an update function for sending the IDoc out. So without the COMMIT WORK, the IDoc usually exists on the database (implicit or database commmits), is in status 03, but hasn't been sent out and cannot be found in the outbound RFC queue (because SAP never tried to send it).

If you're convinced that a COMMIT WORK is happening (and after trying to send the outbound IDoc) then I'd try the following: Replace the used RFC destination (or re-define it temporarily) with one that points to the same system from where you're sending. If you don't see the IDocs as inbound IDocs or in the outbound RFC queue, the sending never happens. (Ok, might be a moot point if you completely trust your external system, but usually it's good to even rule out the most unlikely causes - if it's simple.)

So if this didn't help, maybe you can provide some further insight into how you're creating/sending the outbound IDocs. This could help us in trying to get some answer, but for a starter the COMMIT WORK mentioned by is in my opinion the best candidate.

Cheers, harald

p.s.: Even if you're using ALE, I don't think it could be due to anything in your distribution model as mentioned by . If you wouldn't have setup the distribution model, the SAP API's should create a master IDoc in memory and then no communication IDocs (since there's no recipients or due to filtering) and thus there should be no outbound IDocs on the database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganga,

I face the same issue of IDOC staying in status 03. I tried to run this report and see the IDOCs are changed to status 12. I need one information. Does this report program picks only the IDOCs in status 03? If I specify the date in the variant what does that mean? Could you please elaborate which will really help me to fix the issue.

Thanks and regards

Prathib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mate,

Your explanation looks good. I have similar issue in my system.

Have tried all the solutions recreated partner profiles,ports,

Run bd75 many other stuff still could not fix it,,,,,

Your explanation looks good. Could you provide more on this and what might be the issue and how to fix the same.

Regards

Om