cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP as data source for UME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trying to use a SSL enabled LDAP (Sun) for data source for UME. It seems that I can't use SSL directly from GRC CUP 5.3. Followed the instructions in saphelp, but when I test the connection, it gives me "Connection test with user path failed". The following is the connection data in UME Config:

Server Name: 10.56.17.20

Server Port: 62636

User: cn=GMACApp_001,ou=Applications,dc=gm,dc=com

Password: <correct one entered>

User path: ou=People,dc=gm.dc=com

Group path: ou-Groups,dc=gm,dc=com

Use SSL for LDAP Access is checked

Use Unique Attribute is not checked

I can connect to the LDAP using the same credentials with Softerra browser....Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jack,

GRC AC does not support SSL directly. At one of my client, they connected CUP to SSL via a proxy server. Open a message with SAP and they can guide you with step by step approach.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Opened a message with SAP....the response was less than helpful..."we don't support SSL". When I pushed them with the responses I recieved from the forum, the replay was "we have never done this". There must be a way. I can't be the only person on the planet that has to connect to a corp LDAP with a secure port!! I have tried the trick of conencting a LDAP as a data source for UME, but with limited success. Seems when the LDAP + db is enabled, the UME URL is not available (error 503). So that's not working so well either.

Any help will be appreciated.

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jack,

Yes, you are correct, there are numerous customers who have requested support for a SSL connection via LDAP. I know it was in the enhancement bucket, however am not sure if it is in scope for 5.3. I will find out and let you know by tomorrow.

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jack,

I have really done this at one of my client. I am trying to find the whitepaper we developed after doing this exercise. Basically, you need to connect CUP to SSL via a dummy proxy server. I agree wtih you that you are not the only customer who wants to achieve this.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ankur

any update when it will be supported?

Nesimi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jack,

Unfortunately, utilizing the SSL port for LDAP is not supported in AC5.3 as of yet. You will have to use the standard port.

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG