cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage type indicator in material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

For a combination of a particaular plant+WH no, a material can have ONLY ONE storage type indicator defined..is it correct?

What if I need multiple storage type indicator for a specific plant+WH combination.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> For a combination of a particaular plant+WH no, a material can have ONLY ONE storage type indicator defined..is it correct?

>

> What if I need multiple storage type indicator for a specific plant+WH combination.

>

> Regards.

You can have multiple storage type indicators for a warehouse. However for a particular material, only one storage type indicator may be used for picking and putaway.

You would normally require storage type indicators for different search strategies. You may use an exit for the strategy.

Regards,

Aroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not have multiple storage type indicators for a material in a warehouse. You can just have one storage type indicator for stock placement and one for stock removal.

However, you can define storage type search sequence for both stock placement and stock removal indicator and there you can give multiple storage types.

But let me know why u need to have multiple st typ indicators for a material, then probably i can suggest some solution.

Thanks,

Regards

Noopur

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi .

Storage type indicator is for stock placement

Key that determines the storage types to be selected by the system and the priority in which they are accessed for stock placements. You can predefine up to ten storage types when defining strategies for storage type searches.

I dont think you can have multiple storage type indicater for material & warehouse

Thanks

jinoy