Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some question about mdm java api and portal content

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am new to MDM. I am going to develop some web dynpro application using mdm java api.

My question is regarding the relationship between MDM version and NW version:

for example

1.MDM5.5 JAVA api can be deployed to CE 7.11 server?

2.MDM7.1 JAVA API can be deployed to CE 7.11 server? or can only be deployed to CE server.

the same question for the MDM portal content.

the possible dev environment for our company would be:

1.MDM7.1

2.CE7.2(do we need another EP7 server for the UWL?)

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just go through the master guide, everything is there

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

There is no direct connection between the version of MDM Java API and NW. So The MDM Java API can be deployed to any version of NW.

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are planning to use CE 7.2 for portal, here is the quick notes:

1. Your MDM Server version should be MDM 7.1 SP04 ( With SP04 you get the web dynpro components for CE that can be leveraged instead of doing complete custom coding with webdynpro)

2. You can deploy the MDM JAVA API sca file to CE 7.2 which is required.

3. Another sca file for webdynpro components is available with MDM 7.1 SP04 i.e Java Web Dynpro framework which is required. (MDMJAVAWDFRWK04_3-10009090.SCA). Deploy this to CE and also import it into you NWDS for customization.

4. Do not deploy BP Technology and BP Application sca files as they will not work for CE, they work with Netweaver 7.0 only.

5. Regarding UWL related to MDM, I have not tested on CE 7.2 yet.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I find the The MDM Java API and the MDM_JAVA_WD_FRAMEWORK.sca ? Is this available on the service marketplace or does it come with MDM 71. SP04?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The 2 sca files comes with MDM 7.1 SP04. They are available in service marketplace under downloads->SAP Support Packages-->SAP Netweaver->SAP Master Data management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Portal 7.0. MDM version is 7.1.

My problem is ... i am trying to connect WebDynpro (JAVA) to MDM7.1. But am unable to do so. I have a WD Frame in which i have a WD iView and the MDM iView. But i am unable to pass parameters from the WD iView to MDM Item Details iView.

Note:

1. I have deployed MDM JAVA API on NWDS

2. I have specified " * " as a parameter to pass from the URL in the Item Details iView.

Please help.

Every help that i have read talks about CE7.1 but not NW 7.0

-Alpana