cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLM 7.0 NWBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope this is the right place. I am trying to set up the NWBC to work with PLM 7.0. NWBC 1.0 works well and opens the respective links but NWBC 3.0 throws the ticketissuer error. Any sugesstions?

1. Do we have to create any nodes in the NWBC node while we are in SICF?

2. Also is there any configuration / role set ups to be done on either NWBC or PLM module to make sure on login we get the desired screens and menu options. Or will the menu options appear after login based on roles assigned to the user?

3. Is there any development that needs to be done on the BSP or webdynpro?

I have read the documentation on help.sap.com and also other master guides but none of them mention about customization for the NWBC and PLM 7.0 to work

Thanks in advance for your time,

regards,

Kevin Scootch.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

NWBC 3.0 has the following prerequisits:

NWBC v3.0 against an ABAP stack with PFCG as role repository requires at a minimum the following SAP NetWeaver releases:

- SAP NetWeaver 7.00 SP21+

- SAP NetWeaver 7.01 SP6+

- SAP NetWeaver 7.02 SP02+

For SAP NetWeaver 7.00 and SAP NetWeaver 7.01, NWBC is only released for limited use cases, as is described in SAP note 1368177. For SAP NetWeaver 7.02, NWBC is generally released. This applies to both flavors of NWBC v3.0 (NWBC for Desktop as well as NWBC for HTML).

I hope that helps,

Martin

former_member694558
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

thanks for the information . In our case we are still at SAP_BASIS 701 005. So I think we should stay at NWBC1.0. I have been unable to find a way to run normal GUI transactions in NWBC1.0 .Can someone share some pointers?

thanks

Rahul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this should also work with 1.0 - did you enter in SU01 / PFCG also the transaction code to the menu of the role?

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin

Iam also struckup at same point. I told my basis to install NwBC for PLM access. but he syas that he is not able to find the config guide for that anywhere? If you get a solution plz share.

Thanks in advance

Prasad K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin and Prasad,

My understanding / observations so far is that there is no special configuration needed for NWBC other than defining the connection parameters. As it is role based once we define the roles and login I'm hoping everything should be ok, but on the other hand I'm unable to make it launch PLM screens as it wouldn't let me login and throws the same error as Kevin mentioned "TicketIssuer" error.

regards

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have defined the connection paramters and tested but still having trouble. Any body further suggestions?

regards

Kevin

Edited by: Kevin Scootch on Feb 25, 2010 11:51 PM

former_member694558
Participant
0 Kudos

Kevin/N.K,

Were you able to make any progress on that issue? I am getting the same error.

tks,

Rahul