cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message mapping with attachments?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I want to read in two flat files and process them afterwards in the XI (message mapping and such).

I know that it is possible via BPM (as discussed here, for example: ). But I'm told to do it via the file adapter's "Specifying Additional Files" ( http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ae/d03341771b4c0de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm ), where those additional files are attached to the message. The advantage of this approach is that I can tell the File Adapter to only start when both files are present (--> optional = NO). This is not possible with the BPM method, is it?

I haven't found a way to use the attached file(s) in a message mapping - apart from using ABAP mapping or implementing a adapter module that merges the attachment into the payload. Both possibilities seem to need way more effort than I feel should be necessary...

Thanks in advance!

Dennis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try java mapping instead

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try the adapter module instead

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Too bad it doesn't work this way - but at least I know it now. Thanks a lot, all!

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

Try using XSLT mapping, its very easy to read an external file.

Thanks,

Yaseen M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out the link

/people/sundararamaprasad.subbaraman/blog/2005/12/09/making-csv-file-lookup-possible-in-sap-xi

Thanks,

Yaseen M

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

I found a solution for XSLT mapping of attachments:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3823 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Regards

Stefan

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

When you combine Alessandro's Bean

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/16/xi-mapping-module-for-afw

with PayloadSwapBean, you can use Message Mapping for attachments in the sender file adapter.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

Thanks once again for your kind help! We finally agreed to take the BPM approach nevertheless, as it's "nearest to the standard" and thus (hopefully) easiest to maintain.

We inserted a time-out into the BPM, so that it will abort after a short time when only one file was present. Not perfect, but good enough.

The advantage of this solution is that we can convert the CSV files to XML within the File adapter again. Both calling a MapForce transformation and afterwards combine the XML files within an Adapter module really doesn't sound like the optimal way...

Cheers,

Dennis

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I haven't found a way to use the attached file(s) in

> a message mapping

This is not possible.

Regards

Stefan