cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

red color in swap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my Production Server when i perform st02 the field definition,initial records,program,CUA,generic key,export/import,buffer shows value RED under the swap category.Users are getting system slow problem.please tell me what should i do?

regards,

Abhijeet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

What is the route cause of the occurring red values in under section of swap while looking in st02.

can anyone explain me in details?

regards,

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP buffers replace old buffered data with new requested data.When the time of necessary data is not available in the buffer , system has to retrieve the data from the database on that time Swaps occur.

please check the below link which might resolve your doubt

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/bc/4a813b680c250fe10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

Pavan

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lot of swaps beyond permissible limits are pointing to the bad configuration of Memory Parameters in System

Buffer Hit Ratio and Number of Buffer Swaps per day are the measurement factors to initiate Performance Tuning activity by changing the required Memory Parameters.

If all buffer components are having good Hit ratio and Buffer Swaps per day are withing permissible count, then it is not an performance issue.

PXA buffer is a main component in ST02. If it is having less than 95% hit ratio or it is showing more than 10000 swaps per Day, then increase PXA buffer step by step.

Other required parameters for consideration are Table definition buffer, Table Buffer, Field definition, Short NTAB and Initial records buffers on second priority.

Please refer the following SAP Notes to get more information and compare your existing memory parameter settings of PRD system:

Note 425207 - SAP memory management, current parameter ranges

Note 146289 - Parameter Recommendations for 64-Bit SAP Kernel

Performance Tuning is an on-going Activity. It is initiated on the basis of Daily/weekly and monthly analysis of Performance monitoring. Increase the parameter values step-by-step by keeping in mind the Free availability of Physical RAM.

Alon with this parameters re-configuration, you also need to analyze the CPU Usage, Concurrent User Access to the System, Expensive SQL Statements, Outdated DB statistics, etc. Lot of factors at SAP level, at DB level and at OS level are responsible for performance degradation.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

> the field definition

rsdb/ntab/ftabsize

rsdb/ntab/entrycount

> initial records

rsdb/ntab/irbdsize

rsdb/ntab/entrycount

> program

abap/buffersize

> CUA

rsdb/cua/buffersize

> generic key

zcsa/table_buffer_area

zcsa/db_max_buftab

> export/import

rsdb/obj/buffersize

rsdb/obj/max_objects

rsdb/obj/large_object_size

rsdb/obj/mutex_n

for more informations you can check with RZ11 the meaning of each parameter

Note that a few swaps is not necessary a problem (less than 1000 per day).

Note that increasing the parameters will have impact on your RAM !

after changing the parameters for each server, at OS level check the parameters with : sappfpar check pf=<profile>

Edited by: Aymeric Douyere on Feb 23, 2010 7:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

look for the memory related parameters post the values for

ztta/roll_area

ztta/roll_first

ztta/short_area

rdisp/ROLL_SHM

rdisp/PG_SHM

rdisp/PG_LOCAL

em/initial_size_MB

em/blocksize_KB

em/address_space_MB

ztta/roll_extension

abap/heap_area_dia

abap/heap_area_nondia

abap/heap_area_total

abap/heaplimit

parameters.

If all the parametes are fine, then check when was system last restarted. Some times over a period of time swap keeps accumilating and slows the system performace.

Regards,

Shyam.