Premature end of file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to convert a file that looks like this:

Bill, Gates

To this:

Bill Gates

When I paste the following in the Receiver Determination's Test Configuration, then the test passes:

... (151 lines)

Edited by: NetSpike on Feb 23, 2010 11:55 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the Message type u have created in IR and the payload u r supplying...

Can u test it in the Message mapping...

Get the same payload into message mapping and first see.. if the source is correct.(U will get a green symbol)(If red the source XML and the source structure are nt matching).

Now test the scenario in message mapping. If it works fine here... then check in Operation mapping also.

Always try to do End To End testing.... than the Test Config.

Also get the payload from Moni and do the same thing above.

if still prblm arise.. Please do post

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where do I do the end-to-end testing?

The payloads seem to be fine. All green.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Confirm your configuration and as mentioned earlier by Mike confirm if you have done the content conversion in the receiver file adapter

2. you can do testing from Runtime workbench -> Component monitoring -> Integration engine -> Test Message

3. If your mapping is a success and you have a success flag in SXMB_MONI, then check your receiver file adapter status in RWB-> Component monitoring -> Adapter engine -> Communication channel monitoring.

Note:

Hope the above was elaborate, but you can always find most of the answers already in the forum so do try to search first before you post.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the content conversion articles on SDN on how to change the flat file into the XML file

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is your mapping working fine? /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-test-your-mapping-in-real-life-scenarios

if it is working fine, do an end to end testing using RWB-> Integration engine -> test mesages

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shabz:)

>>>if it is working fine, do an end to end testing using RWB-> Integration engine -> test mesages

this is not end to end it's the same as the test tab in ID (in terms of his error that is)

I think he just didn't do the content conversion so test tab to IE will not help

hope you agree

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mike, guess i used the wrong term end to end there rephrasing it to 'another way of testing'

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you do the content conversion (file adapter) correctly ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for your prompt reply.

This is my first SAP PI project, so I'm quite a noob

Where do I do that?

Thanks again!

Regards

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your case it is required in the Sender as well Receiver FILE Channel.

If you dont know what File Content Conversion is then just make a search on SDN and you will find many blogs for the same...even Shabz has many blogs on the same topic.