cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Grouping in Interactive Forms by Adobe

0 Kudos

Hey Guys!

I have a problem using the group function for a table in Interactive Forms by Adobe and I have not found a solution yet, so I hope anybody can help me.

I've created the table in the LiveCycle Designer using subforms and I want to use the group function for a specific field of my table. Now the problem is that the entries of the table are not shown grouped for the same values of my specific field but there is still one row for each entry. How do I have to edit binding, flow etc. for the subforms of a group?

I hope anybody can help me or provide me a better solution.

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

please tell me about this grouping function. I am a senior Adobe developer but have never seen such a function. Is that standard SAP? Or standard Adobe?

If you would like to do the grouping manually, you should create a table of tables, not just a table. For the outer table the row is a group. You need to adapt your DDIC in backend and you will only display that in Adobe form.

Something like this:

- outer table

-- outer table line = inner table

--- inner table header (probably, header of the group lines, like the group name, coloring etc.)

--- inner table rows

-

inner table line

-

field1

-

field2

Regards, Otto

0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry the 'grouping function' I've announced is called 'control levels' in English I can set this function for a field of a table in the context of the form in the transaction SFP in SAP. Then in the hierarchy the field is displayed above the group of the other fields of the table. Usually in the form this should lead to a 'grouping' for the specific field so if you have identical values there is just one entry in the form and all the rows that have this value should appear behind. My problem is that there is still one entry in the form for every row.

Right now I'm using the solution you mentioned with the nested tables but i have some problems with the layout and page breaks (pagination).

Thanks for your help.

Martin

Answers (0)