cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Adapter Handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @ all,

if got a question about a standard function of PI - JDBC Adapter. I send a SQL_DML calling a StoredProcedure

within MSSQL - so far this works fine. In error case I'll get back some information and a negative Acknowledgement,

but here's the problem , if I it sends back negative Acknowledgement - PI try 3 more time to send the statement.

But I want the Adapter to end up after the first one - is this something I can set?

thanks in advanced

Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But I want the Adapter to end up after the first one - is this something I can set?

There is a value in VA which determines the number of retries...refer this blog for more info:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Refer two lines above the Conclusion section......make a note that you cannot set this only for one interface....it will take place for the entire protocol.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> There is a value in VA which determines the number of retries...refer this blog for more info:

> /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

> Refer two lines above the Conclusion section......make a note that you cannot set this only for one interface....it will take place for the entire protocol.

>

> Regards,

> Abhishek.

as mentioned by Abhishek, you can use and set that parameter but it is global and hence will be applicable to all adapters.

FYI¬¬

In the next release of PI (PI 7.3), we can control that at individual adapter level.