cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg SFTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having a new development where i need to take the iDOC XML file ( using file port) from the SAP system and i need to send the XML IDOC to receiver by using SFTP . Here when i am configuring the receiver adapter there is no SFTP adapter( only file adapter is available) . What are the steps we need to do for getting that SFTP in to our adaper engine.

Regards,

Rama

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you searched SDN for the same ?

/people/daniel.graversen/blog/2009/07/29/using-sftp-ssh-for-windows-in-sap-pi

/people/daniel.graversen/blog/2008/12/11/sftp-with-pi-the-openssh-way

Check the above blogs for the same...

or you can use third party adapters like seeburger or some other for the same...which need to buy in order to use the same.

HTH

Rajesh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

> I am having a new development where i need to take the iDOC XML file ( using file port) from the SAP system and i need to send the XML IDOC to receiver by using SFTP . Here when i am configuring the receiver adapter there is no SFTP adapter( only file adapter is available) . What are the steps we need to do for getting that SFTP in to our adaper engine.

>

>

>

>

> Regards,

> Rama

1. Are you using any third party SFTP adapter? - if yes, then as mentioned by other you need to setup the adapter metadata. It would be a good idea to go thru the adapter installation guide of that vendor.

2. If you are not using a 3rd party adapter but want to use the standard file adapter for the same, then note that there is no standard way to achieve this but there are workaround and the easiest one probably is this - /people/daniel.graversen/blog/2008/12/11/sftp-with-pi-the-openssh-way

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is a third party adapter, they must have given you adapter metadata xml file or their standard SWC. This file/SWC has to be imported in IR/ESR. Then you would be able to see SFTP adapter in ID.

Regards,

Prateek

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Standard SAP PI not offering any standard feature to send /retrive data from SFTP , Standard PI adapter will support FTPS,but there is somealternative ,refer links what rajesh provided.

other option is using thirdparty adapters ,for that you have to buy licensing.

Regards,

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rama,

if you have deloyed the SFTP Adapter, you have to setup the Adapter Metadata

in the ESR. There should be a SoftwareComponent which contains the namespace seeburger.com/xi

In this namespace you have to import the Adapter Metadata for the SFTP Adapter.

Once this is done, you should be able to use it in the Directory.

regards,

daniel