Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate profile create in SU02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I had just create a profile in SU02 and i already activate it.

But still not been generate and there was no black button under Ty. column in SU02.

Is there other tcode to generate profile?

Please advice and my sap system is ver 4.0B.

Thanks

regards,

ng chong chuan

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you activate a profile you only need to save & activate it. There is no generate button.

I'm not sure what the black button icon in the type field represents, I thought it was a composite profile but now not sure as it has been a while..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex Ayers,

I know how to save and activate. But when i assign the profile in SU01, the profile i create not function because the profile not yet been generate.

Is there any tcode to generate profile?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Chong,

As Alex mentioned - when you are creating profiles manually there is no generation of profiles involved.

When you are in SU02 and enter the profile name and press enter you come to a screen that says "Profile List", there you click on the create icon (F6) and then when you add objects in the next screen "Maintain Profile", you first need to activate the profiles in this screen and then use F3 to come back to screen 1"(Profile List) and activate again........

0 Kudos

Hi,

As Shekar says, you don't generate a profile. As long as you have done the activations correctly it will work.

I am 99% sure that Shekar's clear instructions are valid for 4.0 systems too.