cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import of RFCs to XI - Connection issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to import RFCs from a system that requires a SAP router string to be entered when accessing via SAPlogon.

If I enter the IP address / System Number / Logon Credentials when I try to import RFCs I get the following error :

Unable to establish connection to R/3 system 145.228.183.15 (system=80, client=244) Troubleshooting tips:

Is the target system online?

Check the connection data (note that server names and groups are case-sensitive)

Tips for administrators (see the configuration guide for more details):

Does the user have the required authorizations in the target system?

Is the target system configured correctly in "etc/services"?

Does anyone know where the router string needs to be entered as I cannot see anywhere in XI to do this ?

Cheers

Colin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using SLD? It is vitally important in the routing, especially when having to go through the SAP Router(s). Our system is a Ramp-Up ERP 2005 /Netweaver 2004s and we had trouble moving anything until we properly configured the SLD. That took some help from the SAP Hosting team in Atlanta.

BTW: this scenario required us to pass through 2 SAP Routers, on on each site.

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

probably it might be due to wrong IP or username or passwd..check with ur basis team.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No the IP address is correct as SAPlogon works fine.

The SAPlogon details are:

App server : 145.228.183.15

SAP router string : /H/13.211.232.14/S/3297/H/13.211.233.15/H/

Username and password are both correct.

Kind regards

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Colin,

Try giving username and password in capital letters while importing RFC in XI. Sometimes this may be the issue.

Thanks,

Yaseen Mahammad.

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check wether appropriate RFC dest is mantained in SM59 and check the test connection and remote logon option working fine..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The system id is JTT and the client is 244.

I have set up an RFC logon connecting using only the IP address with the same user id and password and this fails too.

However, if I enter the RFC target host as <b>/H/dogbert.hbs.deu.xerox.com/S/3297/H/debmsu05/H/debmsu05</b> instead of the IP address it works ok but this string is far too long to enter in XI for importing RFCs.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Colin.

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

Just check once again The Ip address and and logon details are correct or not(and also try by giving password in Caps..) And also check whether user has required (RFC)authorizations...

And also check this links may be help ful to u

http://documents.made-it.com/sap-int.html

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4f/992de4446d11d189700000e8322d00/content.htm

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-r3-basis/usage-of-saprouter-189002#

Regards,

Sridhar

Message was edited by: sridhar reddy kondam