cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Plant Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can I map power plant in SAP PP? can I use REM or any other method?

Steam is used for power production at one pressure in one plant and after that same steam is used in the production of FG at another pressure in another plant. How can I map this kind of scenario in SAP PP.

What effect will have if I take material type as pipeline material for steam and power.

Regards,

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pavankumar

Power/Utilities in SAP is taken care by IS-Utilties. Normally power plant scnerio will not get mapped. As Power i mean output will not be stocked and normally it is connected to state Grid/ central electicity Grid and controlled by load dispatch center (LDC).

Where as cement industry is having Make to stock strategy. it is quite different from power plant.

I can say - MM in Power plant is ok I mean OIl, water & coal can be handled in pipe-line procurement if the supplier is nearby. this is the case in singernari collaries and NTPC coal plant in AP. otherwise coal can be stocked using sap WM (using open bin strategy) and oil in hazardeous material management..

Also plant maintenance is also possible to map in Power plants..once PM notification created by maintenance department..i mean mechanical, electricla and Control and instrumentation mtce department..next is PM order and then it will go for relese and approval teco closure. or if no material is avaialble then it will got for PR- PO- GR- placed in stock or direct issue to PM order/work order- release- teco- closure...etc.

SAP SD also difficult to map because power once generated connected to Grid and cannot be stocked and so availability check and other normal Logistics functions not possible. but billing/invoice/credit functionality possible.. there is no returns management as in case of power..

we can distinguish the coal based on the supplier (foriegn or domestic) using split valauation. i heard in some states even power also based on generation method - good and pure and i mean based on energy factor it can be distinguished..

SAP QM is possible for coal estimation(moisture content, sulphur content etc..& also emission contril CO, CO2, NO etc.. used in pollution control and for boiler water treatment, Dosing etc..also to check Light diesel oil, HFO mixture calaculation and many more applications.

we can say MM application is more - inorder to procure material needed for maintenance of Mill /boiler/pumps/valves etc.. in power plant. normally in power many more rotating equipment availability and due to that preventive maintenance and also break down mtce is critical to avoid dangerous situations..tube/valve/pipe leak..

I can SAP MM & PM & QM - playing major role in consideration of SAP in power plant than SAP PP..

Hope this is very short example,,,if nwe need discuss in details it is time consumable..Also PM is used in Equipment caliberation of sensors/transmitters. i can SAP IS- Device management will have more influence in power plant becxause in power plant more number of temperature/pressure/flow.level sensors /transmitters.gauges will be available and it requires frequent caliberation and mtce because it is installed in steam/Hot water lines/Oil lines etc..

SAP WM is somewhat useful for efficient material handling in power plant but that is not necessary.. we cna maintian he stock @ storage location level i mean IM level and it is also efficient..FICO is more useful in any kind of business..

SAP FICO/MM/PM/QM/IS-Utilties/IS-DM/ with very less involvement of SAP SD. I cna SAP PP Involvement is less..variant config for valves./pumps is important..

Hope this helps..

Regards,

G.V.Shivakkumar (Shivakkumar geetha venkatesan)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For steam use HALB and for power use pipline or fert , pl consult with your MM consultant and fico consultant for the accounting pupose

Ramakrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

You can go for REM as there is pwer is produced for a longer period of time ,I had implemented REM for power plants , use consumption based planning for raw maerials and the finished goods are not relevant to mrp , steam treated as semifinished , if there are transfer postings for the materials go by the relevant code , but the only hypotheical is the storage location of power , which would be created, but in the actual process power cannot be stored .

Ramakrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

Thanks for your reply.

I have used REM for mapping the scenario and taken material type as Pipeline material for both power and steam.

Do you suggest that I use pipeline material type or should I change to other?

Regards,

Pavan