cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue Name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

XI gives random queue names, for EO and EOIO queues. When is the queue name generated ? Is it when the message enters the SMQ2 of the XI ? Logically it should get a name there. Would it change when it reaches the SMQ1 ? The outbound queue to the receiver adapter ? So if there can be two queue names then how would we identify the message in MONI and Adapter Engine ? I guess the queue name should be same in both MONI and Adapter Engine monitoring. Can someone help me with this

Thanks in advance

Radhika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>When is the queue name generated ? Is it when the message enters the SMQ2 of the XI ?

when the message enters the integration engine (message does not enter the queue it's the function module

that puts the message into the queue)

>>> Would it change when it reaches the SMQ1 ?

it depends as you can control it a little bit with the use of parameters in SXMB_ADM

so it can change or not

>>> So if there can be two queue names then how would we identify the message in MONI and Adapter Engine ?

you see the queue name in moni right ? so what's the issue ? just click on it

>>>I guess the queue name should be same in both MONI and Adapter Engine monitoring.

abap queues and java queues are different things unless you use EOIO

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

it depends as you can control it a little bit with the use of parameters in SXMB_ADM

so it can change or not

This is what am really confused about. What would be the case normally ? Would it change or not ? Do we have to configure something so that the queue name will not change and both SMQ1 AND SMQ2 will have the same queue name ?

Radhika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

1. When is the queue name generated ?

The queue name is generated in 2 occasions..

a.When the message is going from Adapter Engine to Integration Server... The message is stored first in Messaging service after adapter engine and sent via queue to Integration server. That is outbound queue.SMQ1.

b. Similarly after processing.. Receiver determination,Interface determination.... The message has to be sent to the target. i.e. again a adapter engine.... the messages are stored first in inbound queue called SMQ2.

2. Do we have to configure something so that the queue name will not change and both SMQ1 AND SMQ2 will have the same queue name ?

Usually the admin will do this job. The queues are automatically assighned.

Based on some algorithms the queue is decided.

But.. u can configure the queues such a way that always the message of paticular interface should go to the same queue..

i.e is nthng but called as Queue prioratization..

I hope this will solve all ur doubts.

If not pl do post

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aren't queues defined with respect to XI ? So the messages going from AE to IS, wouldn't it be in SMQ2, inbound queues first and then when they are sent to the Adapter Engine of the receiver, it would be in SMQ1 ?

Or is it the other way round,

SMQ1 then SMQ2 ?

Radhika

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest you to go through these blogs for better understanding of message processing at queue level -

1. /people/sap.india5/blog/2006/01/03/xi-asynchronous-message-processing-understanding-xi-queues-part-i

2. /people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/25/understanding-message-flow-in-xi

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

Or is it the other way round,

SMQ1 then SMQ2 ?

SMQ1 and SMQ2 are w.r.t Integration server.

SMQ1 is outbound queue. i.e. the messaged going out of IS after processing(receiver determination, interface determination,etc)

SMQ2 is Inbound queue i.e the messages are waiting to move into IS for processing.

Babu.

Edited by: hlbabu123 on Feb 24, 2010 12:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Babu,

Previous post and the latest post is seems to be different. Can you please explain eloboratly.

Regards,

Rama

Answers (0)