cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 4.0 ON WIN2003 - MAXDB 7.6 - Import Java dump

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am trying to install Solution Manager 4.0 on a Windows 2003 Server. (Intel Xeon 3.2GHz + 4.00 Gb Ram)

I am using Sun Java 1.4.2_10 and MAXDB 7.6(part of the SAP NW2004s SR1)

I have chosen for the installation of the Central System Installation.

The installation process hangs at phase 23 of 48:

Import Java dump (INFO: CAF_RT_TYPOPE load (0 rows).

I have searched SDN and OSS for the message "Import Java dump" but only found something regarding the 2004s developers workplace. The solution there was to put the system time to GMT +1 (Amsterdam), but our system allready is on GMT +1 (Amsterdam)

Can anyone help me to get this installation further.

Extra info:

This is the last part of the jload.java.log:

-

Jun 12, 2006 11:17:00 PM com.sap.inst.jload.Jload dbImport

INFO: trying to create table CAF_RT_TYPOPA

INFO: table CAF_RT_TYPOPA created

INFO: CAF_RT_TYPOPA loaded (0 rows)

INFO: trying to create table CAF_RT_TYPOPE

INFO: table CAF_RT_TYPOPE created

INFO: CAF_RT_TYPOPE loaded (0 rows)

-

This is the last part of the jload.log:

-

12.06.06 23:17:01 com.sap.inst.jload.Jload dbImport

INFO: trying to create table J2EE_CONFIG

12.06.06 23:17:02 com.sap.inst.jload.Jload dbImport

INFO: table J2EE_CONFIG created

12.06.06 23:17:03 com.sap.inst.jload.Jload dbImport

INFO: J2EE_CONFIG loaded (8116 rows)

INFO: trying to create table J2EE_CONFIGENTRY

INFO: table J2EE_CONFIGENTRY created

-

This is the last part of the sapinst.log:

-

INFO 2006-06-12 23:12:36

Execute step importJavaDump of component |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|9|0|NW_Jload|ind|ind|ind|ind|9|0.

INFO 2006-06-12 23:12:41

Copied file 'D:/NetWeaver_2004S_SR1/Solution Manager_4.0/51031717_SM_4.0_Java/JAVA_EXPORT/JDMP/IMPORT.XML' to 'C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/ADA/CENTRAL/AS'.

Creating file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\SOLMAN\SYSTEM\ADA\CENTRAL\AS\jload.java.log.

Output of C:\j2sdk1.4.2_10\bin\java.exe -classpath "C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\SOLMAN\SYSTEM\ADA\CENTRAL\AS\install\sharedlib\launcher.jar" -showversion -Xmx512m com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart com.sap.inst.jload.Jload "C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/ADA/CENTRAL/AS/install/lib/iaik_jce.jar;C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/ADA/CENTRAL/AS/install/sharedlib/jload.jar;C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/ADA/CENTRAL/AS/install/sharedlib/antlr.jar;C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/ADA/CENTRAL/AS/install/sharedlib/exception.jar;C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/ADA/CENTRAL/AS/install/sharedlib/jddi.jar;C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/ADA/CENTRAL/AS/install/sharedlib/logging.jar;C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/ADA/CENTRAL/AS/install/sharedlib/offlineconfiguration.jar;C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/ADA/CENTRAL/AS/install/sharedlib/opensqlsta.jar;C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/ADA/CENTRAL/AS/install/sharedlib/tc_sec_secstorefs.jar;E:\sapdb\programs\runtime\jar\sapdbc.jar" -sec SD1,jdbc/pool/SD1,
nl4bheartbeat/sapmnt/SD1/SYS/global/security/data/SecStore.properties,
nl4bheartbeat/sapmnt/SD1/SYS/global/security/data/SecStore.key -dataDir "D:/Ne

-

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Warm regards,

Leon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i found solution at the and!!!

1. From the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 -> Configuration Tools, open the 'Microsoft SQL Server Configuration Manager'.

2. Expand u2018SQL Server 2005 Network Configurationu2019, and then click u2018Protocols for <Instance Name>u2019.

<Instance Name> is the name of the instance of Microsoft SQL Express being used by the GFI product.

3. Right-click u2018TCP/IPu2019 and then click u2018Enableu2019. The icon for the protocol will change to show that the protocol is enabled.

but after that, restart ur computer. and try again..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi leaon.

Hav u solved the problem. i m aslo getting the same error. so what to do now plz sugest me or mail me on

deepaks3@kpitcummins.com

Thanks n regds,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

some users here in the SDN could solve the problem with using the JAVA JDK 1.4.2.<b>09</b> and not the newest one. Also please check that the user under you are installing is in the admin-group.

In the past we had the same problem and can't solve it. So we opened an OSS message and in the end a developer installed it.

He needed about 3 or 4 days for it and had to edit many files of the installation routine manually..

Sorry that I don't have better news...

Good luck

Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I just have had the same problem on HP-UX 11.11 with SAP-DB. Installation stuck on at LOAD JAVA DUMP.

Solution:

-

Use JAVA SDK Version 1.4.2.09 AND NOT version 1.4.2.10 !!!

This may fix the problem rapid in our enviroment. It takes me 1.5 half day to fix it.

Regards

Michael Heyn

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The information that you have given is insufficient I suppose. All you have given is <b>INFO</b> message of Log. If the installation was aborted definitely you would have got <b><i><u>error</u></i></b> messages. can you look for ERROR messages. I could try to help you.

<b>INFO</b> 2006-06-12 23:12:36

Execute step importJavaDump of component....

<b>INFO</b> 2006-06-12 23:12:41...

and i am sure its nothing related with time...

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ragu,

This is the problem, I do not find any errors.

There is also still a java.exe process running.

It uses about 20-30% CPU and the memory usage of that process changes from 124,000K up to 183,000K and back again.

The Database is running and used 24,244,216KB.

The strange thing is that I do not get any new entries in the logs and the timestamp of the logs do not change.

So the installation process <b>hangs</b> but it is <b>not</b> stopped/aborted.

Warm Regards,

Leon

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For how long the installation process has been running. Check the following.

1. The virtual memory page size that you have assigned.

2. The hard disk free space.

3. The Virtual memory should be optimized size, should not be larger than the free space available.

These are performance optimization settings.

I guess the installation would take around ten hours, I am not sure.

But one thing is sure <b>SAP</b> is not that bad to get aborted abruptly.

Keep Patience while installing. Before that take care that your system satisfies, requirements.

Hope I was clear. Feel free to get back, incase you face any problem.

--Thanks and Regards,

Ragu

ERP,

Suzlon Energy Limted, Pune

Extn: 2638

+919370675797

I have no limits for others sky is only a reason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ragu,

I have checked the system settings again:

Ram: 4 GB.

Total page size: 20136 MB (devided over three disks: 8000MB, 8000MB and 4136MB).

According to InstallGuide should be 1 times RAM + 8 GB => this should be okay.

Free space on the HD's:

C: 107 GB free, System disk

😧 161 GB free, not used for installation

E: 524 GB free, used for /usr/sap and /sapdb.

Free space on HD's is more than enough.

At this moment the java.exe process is still running at 25% CPU power and nothing new has happend since last night.

Regards,

Leon

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you tell me if you see any current errors in the MaxDB log files named knldiag / knldiag.err (these normally reside in /sapdb/data/wrk/<SID>? Additionally, please make sure your LOG isn't full, which might cause a hanging situation. You can search for that in said files too.

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

even I am getting the same error when installing the SolMan 4.0. it hangs and nothing happens after that while importing java dump.

But I am installing on HP UNIX with Oracle DB.

Please let me know if you have found the solution for the problem.

Regards,

Ravi.

mail to ravi-kumar@hp.com