cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EO_INBOUND_TO_OUTBOUND

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Pipeline services are carried out in inbound queues (value 0) and in both inbound and outbound queues (value 1). How do we decide which value should be entered in the Integration Engine configuration ? Are there any specific reasons that we should opt for a particular value, like if the message size is large or if the number of messages is more ?

Radhika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In EO_INBOUND_TO_OUTBOUND, you can specify the TUNING category so that a message is not placed in the outbound queue as usual; instead the message is processed and sent entirely in the inbound queue.

Refer the configuration parameter for it

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/28/68073c8e56f658e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Set EO_INBOUND_TO_OUTBOUND=1 if

- outbound calls take too long (as this blocks processing queues)

- receiver is not fast enough (also prevents receiver overload)

- expensive CBR (content based routing) is used (reason: if an error occurs the whole pipeline must be re-processed)

Set EO_INBOUND_TO_OUTBOUND=0 if

- only IDoc/Rfc outbound adapters are used (as tRfc layer is fast and can handle quotas)

- receiver is fast and can’t get overloaded

- no expensive CBR (content based routing) is used

Chk the blog..

/people/sunil.ojha5/blog/2008/02/20/rfc-quota-part-3

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Are there any specific reasons that we should opt for a particular value, like if the message size is large or if the number of 
messages is more ?

Are you asking for the TRACE and LOGGING values that we maintain in IE configuration?

If yes , then we have to maintain these values as per the message load and the free space available in the DB....maintaining high TRACE level (3)would mean the DB getting full quickly....while low TRACE level (1) would mean less data being displayed and hence less space being occupied.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek

Thanks for your quick reply

No, I was not asking about the TRACE and LOGGING. I know about that. This parameter is to distribute load to INBOUND and OUTBOUND queues.

I don't know how to select the values for that. I was wondering if message size or number has got anything to do with the above discussed parameter.

Radhika