cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat file data loading error using process chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

I am having a problem loading the flat file data to the cube using process chain. The issue is that when i run the process chain it fails giving the message " Date format error, please enter the date in the format _.yyyy" . I am using " 0calmonth in the datasource" . Strange is that when i manually execute the infopackage, i dont get any errors and am able to load the same file successfully to the dso and the cube. Is there any special setting for the process chain that i am missing?

The date format in the flat file is mm/yyyy. I have tried all the options i could including recreating the datasource and invain dont see any success so far. please help me solving this problem as we r in the middle of testing cycle.

Thanking you all for your quick response and support all the time.

Kind Regards,

Sanjeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

I had faced this issue some time back. Have you maintained the date format for single digit month

with a prefix of 0. As an example if its Jan 2010 it should be 012010 rather 12010.

Not sure if this helps.

Reg,Bopanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

I believe you are opening the .csv file again after saving it. In this case the initial 0 in single digit month (say 02/2010) is getting changed to 2/2010 and the resulting file is not readable to the system. Just do not open the file after you have entered data in the .csv file and saved and closed it. If required, open the file in notepad, but not in excel in case you want to re-check the data.

Hope this helps.

regards,

biplab