Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment serial number status management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a case:

We have the status management of the equiment serial number for instrument.

Material number: 8000001

Equipment Number: 300026058

Serial Number:Q090909

Each goods movement will update the status and the stock information of the equipment, and the specifically operation can be done at each status.

We had purchased this equiment from a affiliated company,and it had been sent to the consignment storage location, but two weeks ago,our logistic team returned an equiment to the vendor with this serial number Q090909, and the relevant status have been updated accordingly, now the system still show us there is an equiment at the customer side(due to we don't issue the consignment pick up order to get the physical goods from the customer), so we have to finish the consignment pick up order process,but due to the status issue of the serial number, we can't handled the equiment.

And also we can't change the status with the transaction IQ02.

Is there any other way to solve this problem?

Thanks&Regards,

Don

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

As per my understanding, there are three ways by which you can change the status of serial number.

1) - Create a required document, assign the serial number there then the status will change

2) - Go to IQ02 --> Edit (Menu) --> Special serial number function ---> Mannual transaction

As per your requirement, you can change the status over there.

3) You can directly change it at table level.

Regards,

MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MT,

We can change customizing status with IQ02,but we can't change the system status.

How to change the system status from 'ESTO' to 'ECUS ESTO'?

SAP help document tell me, it can be updated by application.

From your suggestion, how to create a required document?

Thanks,

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I dont understand why you want to make the status 'ECUS ESTO'

As per my understanding

Esto means -- Material is present in our stock

Ecus means-- Material is at customer site

These are two opposite status, material could be at our place or customer place.

It should be either ECUS or ESTO.

Regards,

MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MT,

Because in our system,if the equiment has been sent to the consignment storage location(fill up),the normal system status is "ECUS ESTO" instead of "ECUS". we can process the consignment pick up order at the system status "ECUS ESTO" only.

In our system ,we also can't input the company code.

Regards,

Don Zhang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I dont think we can change it through manual transaction, AVLB ECUS is possible but ESTO ECUS is not.

But there is another way,if you have an access of table updation thn ts possible.

Please confirm, if you have access of table updation or not?

Regards,

MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MT,

If I have the access,then How to change it? What's the relevant table?

Thanks,

Don

Edited by: Don Zhang on Feb 23, 2010 7:22 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

If you have authorization then follow the steps given below

Go to SE16 --> Table "JEST"

There you have to enter the "Object number"

Generally object number is like "IE0000000000XXXXXXXX"

*XXXXXXXX = Equipment number

If its not taking by the system then run JEST freely and see the pattern of object number and then enter your object number

In my case I have found that the last eight number was Equipmnt number.

Once you enter then on next screen, you will see 5 fields

Client Object number Status Status Inact. Change number

In change mode put "X" in status Inact for every entry except the two givn below

I0184

I0188

Regards,

MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Have you resolved it?

Regards,

MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MT,

Sorry, I was locked into somthing others this afternoon. I shall look into it tomorrow.

Regards,

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MT,

I can access SE16, if I don't input anything,I shall get a list as you mentioned,but if I input an actual object number, I can't get the result. Even I can get the result, I was not authorized to change the data in the table directly.

Due to this problem, we can't get the goods back from the customer, we also can't do manual adjustment(I/A or Scrap directly) for the serial number. It means there is a consignment stock for ever.

Regards,

Don Zhang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Atleast one access is required in that case either the "Manual transaction" in IQ02 or the table updation.

Anyways you have to start the document work from the beginning.

Do the consignment pickup and then return.

Regards,

MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MT,

Thanks for your support.

I have fixed the problem by change the material master data and the serial number status.

Best Regards,

Don