Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues in Planning Run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am facing the following problems in PPDS

1)How to align the backward logic in PPDS with our practice to minimum stock balance.

2) Some production plan set in SCM is getting advanced to previous week automatically before production orders are generated.

Please give your sugesstions on above issues.

Regards

Rave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rave,

Please be specific and descriptive when you post your questions.

1. 1)How to align the backward logic in PPDS with our practice to minimum stock balance.

Any planing run tries to create equal amount of receipt for an order. I guess you are more talking about maintaining the right lot sizes to make sure that the receipts are not bigger than the requirements. Try using Lot size grouping by days with day or week interval. Lot for Lot and Fixed and both end up in creating more order qty. than the requirement. Also try the PPDS heurisitc MRP with shelf life that would consider shelf life of products. What works and what does not really depends on your business and there is not really a general rule.

2) Some production plan set in SCM is getting advanced to previous week automatically before production orders are generated.

I don't understand what you are talking about. Please describe your issue. One of us here may be able to help.

Thanks.

Answers (0)