cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule for Determination of a Deviating Billing Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a contract with a customer for one year and we invoice him once in 3 months. The billing plan tab shows the 4 different billing dates (one every quarter) that was proposed using the Rule for Origin of Next Billing/Invoice Date. We had created a Date Determination Rule u2018Z2u2019 with baseline date to be Invoice date and Time Period as 3 months for this purpose.

Now the business wants to invoice the customer one month before the actual proposed date. I intend to use the Rule for Determination of a Deviating Billing/Invoice Date field and created a new Date determination rule u2018X1u2019 with baseline date to be Invoice date and Time Period as -1 month (negative value) so that when this rule is applied the originally proposed date is redetermined as 1 month in advance.

The original date and deviation of originally proposed date are working correctly as per my requirement when Z2 and X1 are applied against the fields Rule for Origin of Next Billing/Invoice Date and Determination of a Deviating Billing/Invoice Date respectively. The problem I have is when the rule X1 is used under the original Date Determination Rule field the system proposes dates from the year 1926. Iu2019m not sure why this would happen and also is there a way where I can restrict X1 rule from being applied for the original date determination.

Note: The transaction OVBS was used to create the date determination rule.

Let me know if you need any more inputs to understand the problem or scenario. Thanks for your time and help.

Regards,

Pratheb

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VOFA, select your billing document type and see what value is maintained for number range. Make a note of it. Now go to VFP1 and maintain a date which should flow in all your billing document.

Remove your existing settings and retry this.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (0)