cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many JDBC receiver CC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am in doubt how many JDBC receiver CC I need to configure. I have many different inbound interfaces on database side (Oracle ). At first I have thought that I would need one JDBC receiver per interface, but now it seems that one CC could be enough, since there is no difference in the CC parameters. Is it correct to use one JDBC receiver for many interfaces ?

Please advice.

Thanks, Janos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Technically it is possible to have single CC for one DB & Port however its good to have multiple channels as it will improve performance.

If you have 10 interfaces, 1 Receiver Channel with concurrency 1 then these 10 messages will be delivered to target DB in sequencial manner.

However by increasing concurrency you can do parallel processing.

If you have 10 interfaces with 10 receiver channel, all these 10 messages will be procesed parallel inspite of keeping concurrency 1.

I suggest if you have multiple messages and many interfaces, you go for different CC. If Load and no of interfaces is less, then one CC can also be sufficient.

Hope this helps.

-Gouri

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>If you have 10 interfaces with 10 receiver channel, all these 10 messages will be procesed parallel inspite of keeping concurrency 1.

Incorrect. You cannot increase parallelism simply by increasing the number of channels.

For performance, check the following:

1. You may increase the thread count for JDBC related queues. This has to be done in accordance with SAP Note 1084161.

2. There is parameter in JDBC communication channel called Maximum Concurrency. It signifies that one communication channel can make how many connections to database. This is 1 by default and could be increased to some values like 3-4.

3. In the Visual Admin/ NWA, there is a parameter called as queueParallelism.maxReceivers which defines the number of parallel worker threads for one receiver channel instance. This should be done following SAP Note 1136790. This can be done along with the first point.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prateek for clarifying. Does that mean there is NO difference in performance even if u use one CC or multiple if you set all rest parameters correctly as per load and server configuration?

-Gouri

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
but now it seems that one CC could be enough, since there is no difference in the CC parameters. Is it correct to use one 
JDBC receiver for many interfaces ?

If you are connecting to more than one DB, then you need to have that many JDBC channels.....however if the channel parameters are the same (indicating DB is the same) then no need to have multiple channels, one channel will suffice.

Regards,

Abhishek.

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Janos,

You need not to create many JDBC channels if the database you are trying to connect (with host and port).

JDBC communication channels are not Table specific, the Table name is decided in messge mapping, Hence need not to develop multiple communication channel for multiple interface, one will do.

Thanks,

Sunil Singh