Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OB52 close posting periods

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Our finance people use transaction OB52 to close posting periods. This transaction very well might not be the correct one for my users to use. But there is no way to restrict this transaction by company code. I checked the available objects to switch in SU24. Basically our finance people have verbal instructions to not close periods for other comapny codes although they have authorization to do so.

Does anyone know 1) if OB52 is the correct transaction to use and 2) how we can restrict this transaction by company code?

Thank you,

Michael Jaynes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. OB52 is correct, there is also an S_ALR_ transaction but I forget which one

2. You could investigate using S_TABU_LIN auths but a common technique is documented in the following link http://www.sap-img.com/zf011.htm

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. OB52 is correct, there is also an S_ALR_ transaction but I forget which one

2. You could investigate using S_TABU_LIN auths but a common technique is documented in the following link http://www.sap-img.com/zf011.htm

0 Kudos

> but I forget which one

It is "stuck" in the IMG and has an equally meaningless description. Useless for a "normal" menu.

If you use the BUKRS field for S_TABU_LIN then it will have major consequences. Please be carefull of it.

F_BKPF_BUP-BEGRU is the correct approach (giving you also the option of maintaining and posting to account types and individual accounts).

From my experience a user with such access to OB52, can post anyway to the same KOART and then close it.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thank you. I believe you have provided me with enough information to propose a solution to our finance department.