cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Production Versions in Subcontracting Inforecord

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus - I have a question on how to assign multiple production versions in Sub-contracting Inforecord?

I heard this functionality is available in ECC 6.0 is that true? If so how can I assign multiple production versions? What happens after we CIF across to APO? Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Murali.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

b_valavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Murali - Its possible to use multiple PV in sub contracting.

Settings in ERP :

1. In CFC9 activate the - Transfer multiple selection of PDS indicator. When you select this indicator, the system allows you to select several productions versions in the integration model; it also creates a Production Process Model (PPM) or Production Data Structure (PDS) for each production version in SAP SCM

2. Assign the PV's to the subcontracting info record through - Logistics - Central Functions - Supply Chain Planning Interface - Core Interface - Advanced Planner and Optimizer - Environment - Data Transfer -Assign Multiple Production Versions

3. When you select the integration model parameters for PDS, you have selected PP/DS Subcontracting as the PDS Type value. Similarly, for PPM, you have selected Subcontracting PPM as the Type of PPM value.

Subcontracting with multiple production versions is supported. However, the integration with an SAP ERP system requires at least SAP ERP 2005 with Enhancement Pack 03.

Rgds

Valavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Valavan

Yes you are right, several production versions are supported to be ciffed from R3 to SCM, but it is not possible to change the production version (or at least select the production version) while creating a subcontracting purchase order.

Field EKET-VERID where the production version is stored for purchase orders is even NOT shown in transaction ME21N-ME23N. It just takes the the version of the Inforecord which is in stored in the original info record (not in transaction cmpds1) or it takes the version from the quota arrangement which has a higher percentage.

F.e. if you have 2 versions in quota arrangement

v1 70 %

v2 30%

you don't have ANY chance (except coding a modification) to take v2 into your purchase order.

BR Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

As I am aware , you cannot assign multiple production versions to a subcontracting inforecord for the same vendor. Regarding ECC 6.0 also, I haven`t heard of any such functionality till now.

In case you are able to define it in any way then the system would take multiple inforecors for the same vendors during CIF and would create alternate PDS at vendor location

One way for Mapping is defining an alternate vendor with same address and then defining an alternate Subcontracting inforecord with the other production version. Later on using the PDS procurement priority for selecting alternate vendors or BOM.

The gap still remains if some one wants to change in ERP.

As a further step, I am checking nowdays if the subcontracting mapping in PPDS through PPM can be a better solution. You can also test the same other than the above solution.

Let me know if it helps

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav - Thanks for the reply. I am also not sure how we can assign multiple production versions for a sub contracting Info record, but heard several times that ECC 6.0 has an option to do this and hence posted this query.

I will try to do what you suggested and would also like to explore using the validity dates for the components in BOM and CIF it across and see what happend.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Thanks and regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav - I found the below link in SAP Help and I tried the navigation provided by SAP, but couldn't find Assigning multiple production versions.

**http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm2007/helpdata/en/0a/dcedf884e911d5b4610050dadf0791/frameset.htm**

I am not too sure, if we need to activate some other setting to enable the feature.

Thanks and regards,

Murali.

Former Member