cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change UOM in bid and surrogate bid transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

We are using SRM_SERVER 550 and SAPKIBKT13 package.

What we are trying to do is to be able to select UOM of product defined in additional data of material master in bid and surrogate bid process. When I enter a product in bid item, system automatically assigns basic UOM of material and does not let me to change it. On the other hand, when I enter a product in PO, I can select between UOMs defined in additional data of material master. As a summary;

SC->BID->QUOT->PO...Selection of UOMs is not possible for direct material

SC->PO...Selection of UOMs is possible for direct material.

Did anyone tried this before?

Thanks for your helps,

Regards,

Kaan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SC->BID->QUOT->PO...Selection of UOMs is not possible for direct material

During quotation (bidding) process, the bidders are not allowed to change the UoM defined in Bid Invitation for the item, regardless if it is direct material or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jay,

Firstly, thanks for your answer how about changing UOM in bid document?

Isn't it logical to select between additional UOMs defined in material master data like we do in PO?

Kaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Isn't it logical to select between additional UOMs defined in material master data like we do in PO?

I'd say yes. However, as far as I know, the mechanism to allow selection of UoMs based on backend material additional UoM is not built in Bid Invitation for any SRM releases.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> the mechanism to allow selection of UoMs based on backend material additional UoM

Backend material additional UoM data also exist in SRM (Commpr01 material -> other UOM) so it is possible to use conversion rules defined in SRM system, no need to bring same data from backend system. I think I will create a customer message about this subject.

Thanks for your answers,

Regards,

Kaan..