cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FD32 set credit limit for customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am setting up credit limit for customer. I have been realized that I am able to increase a customer's credit limit but not able to decrease it. Whenever I am trying to decrease a customer's credit limit say from 5000 to 1000, I got a message saying:' A total limit of 5000 has already been dtermined". and the message is F4775.

Please advise 1. How to reduce credit limit. 2. How to check SAP message.

Your advice will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,

Linda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member131745
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The only other method for lowing the credit limit in this case is through SE16 table KNKK-KLIMK :- Customer master credit management: Control area data.

Obviously this would only be as a very last resort. Once it was changed you would need to run correction report RVKRED77 to bring the SD documents back into sync.

I hope this helps.

Gerard

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is required to first reduce the credit control area limits correspondingly. Sequence of the screens must be converted: first the control area data , only then the central data.

Message can be viewed in t code SE91

REgards

Damu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1st decrese the credit exposure,the customer already used 5000, so post some incoming payments from customer, once in system you recieved payment then it will come below 5000, then you can able to change this to 1000.

Kapil

cong_yu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

this message starts with F4, means that it's hard-coded in system and the type of this message can't be customized.

you can go to SE91, select F4 as message type and 775 as the number. after positioning the message, you can click 'where used' button to find it in standard programs. ABAPer can help you adjust a bit. however, altering standard attributes of messages is not recommended...

Thanks

rajesh-2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Linda,

A total limit of 5000 has already been determined denotes that you are trying to reduce the limit below the already existing credit exposure (outstanding open sales orders/deliveries/bills/receivables).

You change this to 1000 only when the credit exposure reduces to below 1000. For the time being you can change the credit limit to the extent of credit exposure.

Regards,

Rajesh