cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR 1904 dll failed to register

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Trying to install BO integration kit for SAP (Trial Version) but having following error:-

Error 1904. module c:\Program Files\BusinessObjects\BusinessObjects Enterprise12.0\win32_x86\CrystalExtension.dll failed to register. HRESULT - 2147024769.

Any idea how can I resolve it.

When this happens thress options come 'Abort, Retry & Ignore'

What should I do?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

1904 is a Microsoft MSI Exec error code and typically it requires you to update the Installer from Microsoft. Search Microsoft for the update and the error code...

Other work arounds are you can copy the name of each dll that fails to registry and do it manually using regsvr32.exe and the path to where the dll was installed to.

Sometimes by copying the install to the local hard driver fiexes it also and you must be a local PC administrator to install.

If this doesn't resolve the problem I'll move this post to the Integration forum for you.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already tried this didn't help. Can you please move this to integration forum?

0 Kudos

Moved...

IngoH
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am also recieving a number of these error messages when trying to install Crystal Reports 2008. The first one i get is:

Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0/win32_x86\ReportConvTool.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147024769. Contact your support personnel.

I have been looking around the web/forums but no luck in finding a solution would anyone be able to help me.

I have also tried moving the reportconvtool.dll to C:\ drive and running regsvr32 C:\ReportConvTool.dll but still no luck as i get the message :

LoadLibrary("C:\ReportConvTool.dll") failed - The specified module course not be found.

Any other suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the versions of Crystal report and integration kit. Both should be at same pack level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

another thing to check is that librfc32u.dll is in your c:\windows\system32. this was my fix

Answers (0)