cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documents Linked to SAP Notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

On an SAP Notification I have configured a tab for the screen area 092 DMS LInks.

Is there any way to make the All Versions button the default when you are creating, changing, or viewing a notification.

Currently it is always coming up in the Current Version option.

Thanks,

Bill Pickett

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahtol and Christoph,

Thanks to both of you for your answers...

Considering the number of document types my client has in this installation and that many are not directly involved with the current project they have decided not to implement the solutions you suggested. I do appreciate your advice and will keep it in mind for future applications.

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahtol and Christoph,

Thanks for the response. I have looked at this configuration you suggested and am still confused. This seems to change the screens for Object Links on a Document DIR.

But, what I am trying to change is actually on a Notification where I have assigned a screen area 092 DMS Links. I would like to change the default setting from Current Documents to All Versions on the Notification. It is a Radial Button that has to be changed to All Versions before the users can add linked documents to the Notification.

Thanks again for you help...

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill

The config on the DIR changes what is shown in the documents tab on the notification.

I.e. if you go to a document type ABC, and the object links area of config, the config affects the display in the notification. If more than one document type is linked to notifications, I.e. ABC and CDE, then both must show all versions in the document type config for object links. Thats why its important to see what document types are linked to notifications because although the one you are using is correct, there may be another one which is not correct.

Regards,

Athol

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

if I understood your reply correctly, you would like to change the default setting of the radio button on this screen. Therefore you have to change the customizing in transaction DC10 as I explained in my last reply.

If the switch of the radio button is not working in your system, please check the SAP notes 880077 and 885977.

Best regards,

Christoph

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

by debugging the coding which is responsible for the display of the linked document info records I found a possible reason for the behavior in the following coding:

Main Program     SAPLCV140
Source code of   LCV140U22
FUNCTION         CV140_LINKS_SCREEN                                                                       
*load actuell or all version in display screen
    READ TABLE gt_tdwot WITH KEY dokob       =  pf_dokob
                                 set_version = '1'.

if  sy-subrc = 0.
      lf_set_version = 'X'.
      gf_actuell_show = 'X'.

To correct this behavior I would kindly ask you to change the customizing in transaction DC10 for document types under 'Define object links' and set the value for field 'Document Version' to '1' too. Afterwards the display of object links should be set to

'Current versions' as default.

To grant that allways the currenct screens and authorizations were called please maintain also the value "1" into the "Authorization" column. For further informations on this maintainance please see the SAP note 1066915. It's important that you not enter the mentioned screen number wihtout the leading "1" as this number is added automatically by the system (e.g. object MARA 1201 maintain like MARA 201). You can do this in customizing under:

Transaction SPRO > Cross-Application-Component > Document Management > Control Data > Define screen for object links

If you need the dynpro number or object you will find all standard SAP objects and their screen number in function module CV130 (Screens) by transaction SE80. Please maintain all necessary SAP objects.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the other document types which may be object linked to it. They must also be set to all versions. There may be some default document types already linked to it as sap standard.