cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload an equipment from DOE to ECC (or r/3) on MI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all, i am trying to upload an equipment to ECC. I have created the SWCV, and the Data Object and everything.

I do the POST_MESSAGE and everything goes well. I can see in the DOE Administration that de message is ok.

This is the session information:

0001 22.02.2010 15:29:43 0 3 0 Login

0001 22.02.2010 15:29:43 1 33 0 Post Messages

0001 22.02.2010 15:30:05 0 1 0 Logout

Now i have a question. It is uploaded to the DOE. I have created the back-end adapter, how should i upload this equipment to the ecc after i upoload the message to the DOE. I want to create a new wquipment and of course i have the backend with the bapi wrapper. Do in need i to do something else or i missing something?

Regards

Nicolas Eliaschev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

well, your question is a little confusing - so I guess you have created some DO in SWDC, have created the client app and now you can see some data flow but nothing is in the backend.

Well, this may have several possible issues. When you deliver the data from the device to the middleware, there are several points where you can check if everything works fine. In general - as mentioned in last post already, the dataflow is:

Client creates data locally

Sync

Data is send to middleware and stored in process queue

data is converted into backend adapter structure

data is send to backend

Done

Okay, I think we know that all adapters are green. So the connection and the setup of the DO and its backend adapter is okay.

Check SMQ2 first please. Whenever you upload an item form a device to the middleware, a job is started there. sometimes you have to much data stored in the DO. Lets say you have defined a field of type name as char(12) but you store 15chars in it. The local client does not throw an Exception, as we would expect. But the middleware does and the device can not sync until you solve that issue. The error shown will be an XSLT_ROOT_EXCEPTION in SMQ2. Check if this one occures.

If not, please go to the SDOE_ADMINISTRATION portal and open the monitoring section. In there you already mentioened the client Communication Session Monitoring. But you can select as well the Message Monitoring on the left side. Once this is done. select ADVANCED. Thjis allows you to check for SDOE, DO and date/time, so you only see the data you are interested in.

Check if the data has a green tick - in that case it was processed to the backend. So your function module in the backend is probably wrong. If it has a red cross, check the error log and you will get hopefully a usefull error message.

Well, if you have a green tick and nothing shows up in the backend, then I would take the data from this adapter (you cen see this by selecting VIEW MESSAGE in the table) and paste it directly into the CREATE adapter you have created in the backend.

Any of this should help you to get down to the root cause of the issue.

Or did I totally miss the point?

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's how upload works:

1. Client sends a change to DOE

2. DOE calls appropriate BAPI Wrapper and looks at the RETURN parameter to see if the backend returned any errors

3. If no error, DOE persists the change in CDS and confirms to client. Otherwise, it sends a rejection to client (the confirmation or rejection will be in client outbound queue until the client pulls it during download).

=> So the very fact that the data was persisted in CDS should mean that the backend BAPI Wrapper was called and returned no errors. You should verify this. If the BE does not have the equipment, put a 'User breakpoint' in the BE BAPI Wrapper while doing an upload (as the user which will be used by DOE to connect to the backend) and see what happens in the BAPI Wrapper.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In BAPI Wrapper did you put a COMMIT WORK sentence?

Regards,