Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dynpro Selectoption: upload from clipboard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

can you please help me with the following topic:

I have a select option in my ABAP Webdynpro. It's very important that the endusers can use the "upload from clipboard" functionality for this select option (as it is possible in the select options within "normal" ABAP Dynpros). How can I manage to get this functionality?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>How can I manage to get this functionality?

Not possible. Remember when you are running Web Dynpro - you are in a browser. Browsers have a restrictive security model and sandbox your access to the client machine for its protection. This is very different than running in a dedicated desktop application like the SAPGUI. Therefore there is no programatic access to the client clipboard allowed within the browser.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I hope that SAP is looking into implementing the import from the clipboard for select-options. I understand that there are security concerns for giving the browser access to the clipboard, but that's what we have security policies for...

E.g. it is clearly possible to access the clipboard from the browser; not sure if that applies for all possible browsers, but it should be possible to check it for the ones that SAP supports (e.g. here's an article for [Mozilla|http://kb.mozillazine.org/Granting_JavaScript_access_to_the_clipboard] and here for [Internet Explorer|http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb250473%28VS.85%29.aspx]).

Also, I suspect the web experts may have better comments on this topic, but what about the example Google Docs? There I can clearly copy/paste from/to the clipboard (without changing any security settings).

I suspect that many users will list the feature to fill select-options from the clipboard as a very important feature. So if it's really not possible to make it work for all users (security concerns), why not have instructions on how to enable it (might have to be platform/application specific). Probably not a good example, but even SAPgui allows me to store passwords (obviously a very big security risk) on my computer with the right registry hack...

Cheers, harald

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rodrigo_paisante3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

it is about 2 years since this thread was open.

Anything changed???

I am creating a webdynpro that user must have the copy from clipboard option... they will use with a lot of material codes.

I am searching if now it is possible to do.

rodrigo_paisante3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can create alternative way, like load txt file. I found in another thread about this idea.

I did it. I copied the component WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS and changed the import text file button to visible and added code to load records from file. We used this way to matnr and werks select options, creating one webdynpro component for each.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another workaround could be to insert a TextEdit element on the view and parse whatever is pasted into it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Samuli Kaski,

that's a very good idea. I will try that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rodrigo,

thank you for your answer. We also implemented a solution in which we load the material numbers from a text file. This works fine.

The problem is that the users complain about that functionality. In the "normal" Dynpro-World they are used to copy/paste the material numbers and now they have to create a file with the material numbers in order to use web dynpros.

rodrigo_paisante3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This problem also occurred here, users had the same complaint.

But while we have no news from SAP or some other new way we have no option...

Best regards

sudantha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Had the same problem moving to excel upload by removing select options .

Heard that this is addressed in 7.3 +

Stefan0711
Explorer
0 Kudos

This feature will be available in SAP NetWeaver 7.31 SP07 and 7.40 SP2.

In the older releases (7.0, 7.01 and 7.02) it can be customer developed by enhancements.

See the following link:

https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-39726

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan Loehlein,

thank you very much for this link. This article sounds very promising.

Best regards

Kerstin