SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have under one BP, postings to FICA and other posting to FI-AR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts, Can I have under one BP, postings to FICA and other posting to FI-AR?

7 REPLIES 7

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It is possible - but not recommended to pursue a path such as this. You could post in SD to FIAR and in IS* to FICA (or FICA directly). But this would likely cause confusion both for customers and employees. I would not consider a split ledger situation.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Dear Bill, how can you direct some posting to FI-AR and others to FI-CA if you indicate at account group level, that the posting are directed to FI-AR or FI-AR?

Thanks for you recommendation.

Former Member

Hi,

That is possible. If FICA - SD integration is there then that is possible.In SAP utilities -- Master Data --Business Partner , you can maintain parameters for creating Reference customer in standard system.Then a SD customer is created automatically when you create an ISU BP.Then you can post directly in FI-AR for the same ISU BP.

I hope this is fine.

Thanks,

Banasri Mitra

0 Kudos

How can this be done, if the setting of the selection of FI-CA or FI-AR is done a account group level. Therefore, can you have under one BP, diferent "customers" asignated to different account groups?

Can you detail a bit more, how can this be done?

0 Kudos

Again - totally not recommended - but the IS* postings, i.e. from ISU invoicing will always go to FICA subledger, so in that way you have FICA postings for the BP. But you could set the SD posting guidelines for the account group to go to FIAR. In that way the same BP could get both FICA and FIAR. That is the only conceivable method for that scenario to occur. Why does it matter or why do you want to make this happen? As mentioned previously, confusion and extra work are the only significant outcomes of this design.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

We are implementing FICA IS-T, over a client that already has business partners operating with AR for other business under the holding. Therefore, due to scope terms, I need to keep the postings related to other business in FI-AR and the postings related to IS to FICA.

What kind of inconveniences does this model has?

Best regards!

0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with you that if a company has multiple business , one in utilities and the company provide some other service to customers then this scenario may arise.

What you can do is :

Create a Customer in FI-AR.Then go to SPA Utilities -

Master data -

Business Partner ---Settings for creating Standard customers ---Maintain parameters for creating reference customer in Standard System.

Here using the reference customer field you can create a customer in FI-AR for your IS-Utilities Business Partner.

But I believe that one standard customer can be created in FI-AR for your IS BP.FI-AR customer will automatically take the name etc of IS BP.In reference field you need to give a FI-AR customer reference and the account group of that reference customer will be used to create new reference customer.

Thanks,

Banasri Mitra