cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create new records through a VC form in an input-ready query?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have created a planning application in IP and created a Form in VC (CE 7.1). I am not able to create new records in VC Form and save it back to the cube.

If i want to create new records in a empty planning cube via table view and "add row"/"save"-button, it gives me error like "Add , delete, copy is not allowed for this query".

How can I solve this problem?

Best regards, Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Atlast after ONE MONTH We got the solution for this issue from SAP...

SAP VC team worked hard to solve this issue and gave a fix (patch) for this... when we deployed it... everything is working fine... I can create a new line, add a new line...

No need of Planning Functions or Planning Sequence for this now... Yahoooooo

Please contact SAP for this....

PradeeP

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

talia_gurevich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Visual Composer there are some differenced regarding new lines compared to BEx Analyzer. In VC, new lines can be created only if all characteristics that have to be entered for the new line are available with their u201Ckeyu201D presentation and not with u201Ctextu201D only. Otherwise the message u201CNo table operations (add, copy, delete) possible for this queryu201D appears. So please switch u201Ckey presentationu201D on in the Query wizard for all relevant characteristics (probably you have to switch the key presentation on also in the BI query itself, but I am not sure)

Hope, this will solve the problem.

Regards,

Talia

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Talia,

Thanks for your response...

We are using the same... but still its not working..

Thanks,

PradeeP

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Did you solve the issue??? We are facing same issue....

Please help....

Thanks,

PradeeP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeed,

I solved the problem by creating a planning sequence in the planning modeler.

For the functionality "add rows" I don´t have an answer yet, sorry.

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

We have the same alternative ready, but SAP has provided those "Add New Line" functionality out of the box for many of the screens in PBF package and we want to use those standard functionality given by SAP.

Otherwise we will be ending up creating many planning sequences and changing 50% of the VC 7.1 models given by SAP.

Any SAP guys or already solved guys.... please respond...

Thanks,

PradeeP