cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI msg output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are with SRM 5.0 and Classic Scenario.

While testing the whole scneario in our quality system, from SC creation to PO creation, we need to set EDI message output.

Can anyone explain where it can be done ?

Thank you

Maron

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Masa

Thanks for reply.

I havent known much on configurations on this EDI.

Recently we had refresh in Quality system from production.

Now, everything has been set correctly with respect to the attributes and other backend settins.

When checking the whole scenario at last, SC, PR is created succesfully in SRM. Now, i need to put EDI message ouput to complete the testing and process.

Where can i change the setting for this ?

Thanks

Maron

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you need to send the PO you need to configure output control and an outbound partner profile in WE20. The partner profile is for the vendor or customer, the message and basic type, and extension if the IDoc has been extended.

In the Message Control tabe of the outbound partner profile, you'll add the following line:

Application = EF, Message Type = NEU and Process Code = ME10.

NEU is the standard message type for generating output from PO's. It's already set up to create IDocs.

But you also need to make an entry into an output control table using transaction MN04 or MN05. This entry links your document to a number of different potential parameters that are used to identify the type of output that needs to be generated. It's as the same as setting up your documents to print.

But at this point I can't help you more because I don't know your system or your data. You need to get with your functional consultant to show you what you need to do to create the output record. They may also want to create a custom message type for your PO. You need to work it out with them.

Without this table entry made thru MN04 or MN05, the IDoc won't come out.

Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you need to send by EDI? The PO from R3, after it's been created by SRM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, how can i do tat ? Any settings to be made ?

Thanks

Maron