Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate mass roles in SUPC

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to generate mass roles at one time. There are 3000 roles to be generated. I am using tcode SUPC to do this but when give the list of roles and click on generate button it is taking only one role.

I am generating derived roles.

Please advise..

Thanks,

Masood

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

derived role gets the profile form the parent role , i would suggest use CATT script to generate derived role.

SUPC may not help.

Thanks,

Prasant K Paichha

7 REPLIES 7

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

what radio button is selected in the selection screen of transaction SUPC, in the section "Which roles do you want to output"?

Best regards,

Andrea

Edited by: abrusa on Feb 22, 2010 1:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masood,

Try not to generate the "Derived roles" from SUPC, we have also faced this issue where SUPC generation failed. We then created mass transports of bunch of roles (100 to 150 roles in 1 Transport) and then uploaded the transprots in the target system. You can also try User master export/import also or a cliet copy as well.

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have to generate mass roles at one time. There are 3000 roles to be generated. I am using tcode SUPC to do this but when give the list of roles and click on generate button it is taking only one role.

For each role in the list SUPC reports a status like 'no authorization data' or 'no current profile'. What does it say about the roles it refuses to generate a profile for? I suspect you're trying to use SUPC for something it isn't meant for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

derived role gets the profile form the parent role , i would suggest use CATT script to generate derived role.

SUPC may not help.

Thanks,

Prasant K Paichha

0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

It worked with the catt script for adjusting the derived roles. Thank you !

Regards,

Masood

0 Kudos

Masood, what is the CATT Script?

Thanks,

Gab

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I am generating derived roles.

Perhaps Salman123 wrote a CATT to hit the "Adjust derived roles" function once, or dug deeper?

If you have less than 50 roles and all standard and maintained authorizations you are better off using the delete menu and import from role option in my opinion. (make sure the root node is small and use redundancy compression).

If you have more than 50 roles, then (shame on me...) try to keep them very small with only selected objects and use the option to delete their profiles completely and upload them on mass. Such roles are anyway usually best suited for BW systems and an entirely different concept (Analysis Authorizations).

You can avoid derived roles completely this way.

Cheers,

Julius