SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to skip a consumable budget contorl when asset transfer is done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We are using BCS FM on ECC6.0. there are several commitment items regarding the fixed asset on system and they also are under the budget control (AVC ledger 9H). when i did asset transfer within fund centers, i got an error message such as "no available budget...". i want to skip a budget control in case of asset transfer. how to do this ?

i need your advice

Regards

MK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Dear MK,

The Funds Management (FM) derivation tool must be used to

avoid availability control. Set up statistical commitment items

and use the tool to derive them depending on your asset management

transaction types. If you need to check the old way of working with transaction types relevant for budgeting, you may review through SM31 view V_FM_TABW.

This should solve your issue.

Regards, Noemí

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe, that budget transfer creates special document type in FI document. You can create a rule in FMDERIVE saying that in case of this document type, the commitment item derived should be some dummy one which does not require budget control (statistical).

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Dear MK,

The Funds Management (FM) derivation tool must be used to

avoid availability control. Set up statistical commitment items

and use the tool to derive them depending on your asset management

transaction types. If you need to check the old way of working with transaction types relevant for budgeting, you may review through SM31 view V_FM_TABW.

This should solve your issue.

Regards, Noemí

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume you use ABUMN to transfer assets and you want this transaction being exempted from AVC. Steps below can achieve this purpose:

1. Spro > Public sector > Funds management government > BCS > Availability control > Edit activity groups > create an activitigroup, say Z1

2. Spro > Public sector > Funds management government > BCS > Availability control > Edit derivation strategy for activity groups > create a derivation rule with source field TCODE and target field ACTIVGRP; assign value ABUMN to TCODE and Z1 to ACTIVGRP

3. Spro > Public sector > Funds management government > BCS > Availability control > Edit tolerance profiles > create a profile, say NULL, in maintain tolerance limit, assign activity group Z1 to this profile and check inactive box.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Ming

thanks for your reply. but i didn't understand one thing. after 3rd step, i think , one more step may be needed such as "Assign tolerance profiles and Strategy for Control Objects" . there are two profiles in system now. one for AVC and the other for Not AVC. they are registered on it. what do i do with a profile , NULL as you mentioned. ? nothing to do after creating NULL ?

Regards,

MK

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you decided to work with profiles (which I do not recommend, as it much more easier and logical to put these transactions to statistical commitment item, which will not imply budget control), you have to create a new profile which says, that even with exceed of the budget there is no error message and derive this profile based on the relevant rule.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Eli

the Asset Transfer transactions , I mentioned, were done by T-code ABUMN and the document type of them was AA. but, the transaction types were various. so, i made new derivation rule with a document type only. i think that your method is easy and simple. but, i am not sure of new derivation rule without a transaction type for avoiding AVC. is it enough for skipping AVC when the asset transfer is done?

Regards

MK

0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the AA type used only for transfers or also for other transactions which you do want to control? In the latest case, base your derivation rule for commitment item not only on document type, but also on transaction type.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Eli

I don't want to avoid AVC for all AA posting documents. i only want a asset transfer from AA postings it means , the document type is AA but i can not find all transaction types related to the Asset Transfer. that's why i can not make a derivation rule perfactly. or i am not sure I should avoid all AA postings ....

Regards

MK

0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to use enhancement BADI BADI_FMDERIVE and use COBL-BF_ANBWA (asset transaction type) as additional field for derivation rule. Put it into USERTEMP1 and then build a rule that based on this USERTEMP1 derives the statistical commitment item.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi MK,

Let's not to bother with a new profle. Let's make a change to ALL your existing profiles:

Spro > Public sector > Funds management government > BCS > Availability control > Edit tolerance profiles > in Maintain Tolerance Limit, add a new entry (in addition to the existing entries) with Activity Group = Z1 and Inactive box checked.

By doing this, regardless how you assign or derive your tolerance profiles, transaction ABUMN will always be exempted from AVC.

Regards,

Ming

CesarCarreno
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi MK, as Noemi and Eli have told you, you should use a derivation strategy, look at Note 736914 - Derivation of budget relevance of asset transaction types. And check the following notes:

Note 1125130 - Indicators for Asset Transaction Type field in FMDERIVE

Note 1056776 - Search help for asset transaction type field in FMDERIVE

Note 976658 - "Asset Transaction Type" field missing from FMDERIVE

Regards

César