cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required Field with red borderline

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with an form. So I have some required fields, which will be bordered in red, if the are empty. It works without any problems. But now I have a radiobutton (Yes/No) which is required too. But this field will not be bordered. The Validation works (The Text "You must fill the field xyz...") but there is noch red borderline. Do you know where I can edit this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, the validation doesn't failed, it works fine. Only the red border is missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This red border line in case of validation error is not available for radio button.

Check this link:

[Validation|http://ecohub.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/user-interface-technology/wd%20java/wdjava%20archive/using%20validating%20and%20non-validating%20actions.pdf]

Best Regards

Prabhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using radiobuttongroupbykey. And in the "selectedkey"-Field I made the Mapping with the Modeltype. What do mean with "report the validation message for attribute bound to selectedKey property"?

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When validation is failed invoke

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportInvalidContextAttributeException(element, selectedKeyAttr, ...);

BR, Siarhei

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan

Do you use RadioButtonGroupByKey or RadioButtonGroupByIndex? If you use RadioButtonGroupByIndex try to replace it with RadioButtonGroupByKey. Then try to report the validation message for attribute bound to selectedKey property.

BR, Siarhei