cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI to file scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one explain me EDI to file scenario.

For file how do we configure in SLD. Plzz explain me.

Thanks,

Singh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sbuttler77
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Personally I wouldn't bother with the SLD for third party communication. Just use business services instead usually thats all you ever gonna need granted I don't know what your processes looks like so ymmv.

Can you be a bit more specific?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anyone explain me edi to file scenario steps.

Thanks,

SIngh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the below links which can be of use:

/people/dijesh.tanna/blog/2008/05/25/sap-pixi-content-conversion-using-generator-mapping-functionality-of-seeburger-part-1

/people/prateek.srivastava3/blog/2009/08/01/seeburger--part-1--the-basics

/people/rajeshkumar.pasupula/blog/2009/08/05/wanna-implement-seeburger-for-edi-find-the-booster

Regards

Varun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

I have a request to set up EDI communication for EBS MT940 format between the Bank and SAP. This customer already uses MT940 bank statements but they download them straight from homebanking...now they want to set up EDI so that they don´t need to and this gets imported automatically.

I know the ale configuration I need to do....what I don´t know, and the customer has requested me this, is what I need to ask to the bank. Can you give me some details?

For example, is the bank only storing the txt file format (MT940) in a bank server and transfering it periodically (according to the customer requests) to the SAP server? And this will then be converted into and IDOC (how by the way?)?

Or is the translation made elsewhere? Do I need something in particular to translate the txt file to and IDOC? Is this mapping complex? (we are reconciling subledger only bank accounts so this should make it less complex)

Would be grateful if you would give me some ideas on how to kick off this.

Thanks a lot,

AC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For EDI to file scenario, file system can be configured as a business system in SLD.Please refer the link below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/48/b6847496655295e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

For EDI part,please refer the links below:

/people/rajeshkumar.pasupula/blog/2009/08/05/wanna-implement-seeburger-for-edi-find-the-booster

Regards,

Tiny