cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JVM for PPC

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I would like to install MI on a PPC (Windows Mobile OS). Its a emulator.

i tried to install the CAB file right away. but the Mobile Engine doesn't start only. Do i need to install JVM before installing the CAB file?

Where can i download the JVM? can u provide me with links?

Awaiting your reply.

Kind Regards

Arunkumar

PS: Points assured for valuable answers.:)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arunkumar,

You definitely need to install Creme JVM to get MI to run.

You can get an evaluation version of Creme at the following address

http://www.nsicom.com/Default.aspx?tabid=159

Download the 3.27 version. You will have to register first to try the evaluation version

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Cheers,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for your timely answer.

i had downloaded CrE-ME410_ARM_CE50_PPC.

The Processor is ARM920 T Device Emulator

How do i install it? i put it in my PPC and tried to tap on the screen. It gave me a error message saying this is not the right PPC application.

Is there are workaround?

Regards

Ak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ak,

The version you need to download is Creme 3.27 and not Creme 4.1, this is because Creme 4.1 is based on J2ME but Creme 3.27 is based on Personal Java. MI supports only personal java.

All you have to do is put it in the PDS and tap on the screen. 3.27 should do the trick.

Best Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Karthik,

i seem to be missing something.

Pl. refer to my previous post for my device configuraiton.

What do u recommend in that download page? the Processor and OS?

I have the file CrEme327_ARM_CE50_PPC with me.

Do i need to bundle this along with the Mobile Client as a CAB and put it in the PDA?

Can u give me step by step installation of this and MI after having both on my computer?

Thanks again

Regards

Ak.

Message was edited by: Arunkumar Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oops,

My Bad!

I could have sworn it was CrEme410_ARM_CE50_PPC.

CrEme327_ARM_CE50_PPC is the right one.

It is a .cab file right?

1. Place the creme file in the root directory.

2. Click on it, Creme installation should start.

3. Place the MI cab in the root directory.

4. Click on it,MI installation should start.

Please note 2 and 3 can be interchanged.

These are the steps, I have not worked on the emulator but these are the steps.

If it doesnt, we will figure it out!

Best Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthik, The downloaded file was a Application file with .exe extension.

Is there any way to convert that exe file to .cab file?

What's next!

Rgds

Ak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arun

This should be a CAB file not EXE

Please download this Creme file the

<b>CrEme327_AX_CE42_PPC_minimal_CAB</b> from

<b>NSICOM</b> site and this works for windoes mobile OS

Please let me know if u donot get the file

i can help u with it.

After Getting it you can Install it either directly coping the <b>CAB file into the device</b> or from <b>WAS by enabling the BSP</b>

bye

siddhartha

Message was edited by: Siddhartha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siddhartha,

i couldn't find the file CrEme327_AX_CE42_PPC_minimal_CAB in that site. there's no search facility either.

Can u help me?

Regards

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi arun

do u have regestration access to the site if so pls use this link

http://www.nsicom.com/Default.aspx?tabid=289

If u still dont get the file

u can contact me at meetsiddhu@gmail.com

This will definetly solve ur problem hope u give req points

bye

sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sid,

i've sent u an email. Please check the same.

Thanks

Arunkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sid/Karthik,

Now, i installed CrEme and MI JSP Client.

But when i click Mobile Infrastructrue in the Programs, I don't get the logon screen.

Do i have to do anything more?

Regards

Arunkumar

PS: Sid, Thanks for the mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AK,

You definitely have a problem

There is a file called jscpout.txt in the root directory of the ppc which is the log from creme.

Could you please paste the contents in the thread

Thanks,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I'm using an emulator.

1. so after CrEme installation and MI Client installation, do i need to SOFT RESET THE DEVICE?

<i found that log file. will paste the contents shortly>

Kindly help.

Regards

Ak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ak,

A softReset is a must!

Its not the root folder of CrEme but the root folder of the device, usually /

you should find the file at /jscpout.txt

search on jscpout did not provide any result???

Best regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

1. After every installation, it is mandatory to do a soft reset. Only a soft reset will start the tomcat server on which MI runs

Once a soft reset is done, either open the start_me.html or run http://localhost:4444/index.html or http://127.0.0.1:4444/index.html

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Karthik,

here's the log.

<i>MemoryLimit = 29184Kb

**UNable to load: gfw/gfwconf EBCI(TM) Interpreter V1.00,

</i>

Do Not use the Mobile Engine class loader

<<Initializing framework successful>>

-

Check if running inside Installation server.

Installation toolkit parameters

<i>/MI/itool.properties not detected</i>

Use Noramils tartup: true

<i>Starting tomcat. Check logs/tomcat.log for error messages</i>

Pl. look at the italics.

I guess one of it could be a problem. Can u pin-point the same?

Regards

ak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks... thanks a ton. i guess this problem is solved. the url localhost:port worked suddenly. i don't have any logical reason why it wasn't working so far.

Thanks a ton for your help.

Now that i've started to work on this, you may wait and fish for more points in the same forum

Always

Arunkumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

you just goto MI filder the device and there will be a startMI link it will start the MI client .

or else just try this and get back to me http://localhost:4444/me

bye

siddhartha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Folks... thanks a ton. the url localhost:port worked suddenly. i don't have any logical reason why it wasn't working so far.

Thanks a ton for your help.

But synchronization fails.

the log says,

NOCLASSDEFFOUND Exception.

and Connection to gateway failed.

Any hints on this?

Regards

Ak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

<i>UNable to load: gfw/gfwconf EBCI(TM) Interpreter V1.00,</i>These files are basically Creme dll files which in a normal PDA will be present under the windows directory and while creme launches, these dlls will be loaded. This error is reported since the dll files were not loaded properly. Either try reinstalling the creme or use the statement

System.loadLibrary("jscpcomm");

<i>

/MI/itool.properties not detected</i>

is not an error. You can ignore this.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ak,

Could you please put the log snippet on the thread. It would give me an Idea of which class and also the error for the connection failure.

Thanks,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks sivakumar. I'm sorry i ran out of 6 pointers.

i've two queries now.

1. how do i use the statement <i>System.loadLibrary("jscpcomm")</i>

2. while synchronizing, i get the following exceptions.

first time, i got <i>noclassdeffound exception</i>.

second time and then on i get <i>

Connection to server failed.

Error: Cannot connect

java.io.filenotfoundexception: http://host:port/meSync/servlet/meSync?sysid=CXI&client=100&~language=en&ACKNOWLEDGE</i>

please help.

Regards

ak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ak,

Can you try accessing the WebConsole using the same host and port in the device?

This will tell us if the host is reachable from the device.

-Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

<b>YES. I'M ABLE TO LOGIN TO MY WEBCONSOLE FROM THE PDA!</b>

Here's the log file

Home

Trace

[20060614 13:15:52:232] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** LOG / TRACE SWITCHED ON [20060614 13:15:52:232] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** Mobile Engine version: MI 25 SP 13 Patch 00 Build 200507282032 [20060614 13:15:52:232] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** Current timezone: PST [20060614 13:15:52:917] W [MI/Core ] The SSL support feature is not available. java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/net/ssl/internal/ssl/Provider at com.sap.ip.me.core.SslSupportConfiguration.initialize() at com.sap.ip.me.core.SslSupportConfiguration.() at java.lang.Class.newInstance() at com.sap.ip.me.core.SecurityManager.initializeSslSupport() at com.sap.ip.me.core.SecurityManager.() at com.sap.ip.me.core.SecurityManager.() at com.sap.ip.me.core.UserImpl.() at com.sap.ip.me.core.UserManagerImpl.() at com.sap.ip.me.core.UserManagerImpl.() at com.sap.ip.me.core.FrameworkInitializer.initSingletons() at com.sap.ip.me.core.FrameworkInitializer.initializeFramework() at com.sap.ip.me.core.FrameworkInitializer.main() at com.sap.ip.me.core.Startup.main() [20060614 13:16:07:866] E [AppLog/MI/API/Services ] MultiObjectFileStorage: Error in data read access to mapping file /MI/data/LastSuccessfulSync/datreg.obj - Generating initial mapping (root cause: /MI/data/LastSuccessfulSync/datreg.obj [java.io.FileNotFoundException]) [20060614 13:39:55:282] W [MI/Sync ] Cannot connect to gateway com.sap.ip.me.api.services.HttpConnectionException at com.sap.ip.me.api.services.IOUtils.isConnectable() at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.doConnectionTest() at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.synchronizeWithBackend() at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.synchronizeWithBackend() at com.sap.ip.me.api.sync.SyncManager.synchronizeWithBackend() at com.sap.ip.me.apps.jsp.Home$SyncRunnable.run() at java.lang.Thread.run() [20060614 13:48:21:671] W [MI/Sync ] Cannot connect to gateway com.sap.ip.me.api.services.HttpConnectionException: cannot connect (java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://ctsintcosnw1:50000/meSync/servlet/meSync?sysid=CXI&client=100&language=en&ACKNOWLEDGE=&) at com.sap.ip.me.api.services.IOUtils.isConnectable() at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.doConnectionTest() at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.synchronizeWithBackend() at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.synchronizeWithBackend() at com.sap.ip.me.api.sync.SyncManager.synchronizeWithBackend() at com.sap.ip.me.apps.jsp.Home$SyncRunnable.run() at java.lang.Thread.run() [20060614 13:49:04:000] W [MI/Sync ] Cannot connect to gateway com.sap.ip.me.api.services.HttpConnectionException: cannot connect (java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://ctsintcosnw1:50000/meSync/servlet/meSync?sysid=CXI&client=100&language=en&ACKNOWLEDGE=&) at com.sap.ip.me.api.services.IOUtils.isConnectable() at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.doConnectionTest() at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.synchronizeWithBackend() at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.synchronizeWithBackend() at com.sap.ip.me.api.sync.SyncManager.synchronizeWithBackend() at com.sap.ip.me.apps.jsp.Home$SyncRunnable.run() at java.lang.Thread.run() [20060614 13:51:01:564] W [MI/Sync ] Cannot connect to gateway com.sap.ip.me.api.services.HttpConnectionException: cannot connect (java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://ctsintcosnw1:50000/meSync/servlet/meSync?sysid=CXI&client=100&~language=en&ACKNOWLEDGE=&) at com.sap.ip.me.api.services.IOUtils.isConnectable() at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.doConnectionTest() at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.synchronizeWithBackend() at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.synchronizeWithBackend() at com.sap.ip.me.api.sync.SyncManager.synchronizeWithBackend() at com.sap.ip.me.apps.jsp.Home$SyncRunnable.run() at java.lang.Thread.run()

Kindly excuse the length!

Regards

Arunkumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I changed the time zone of my emulator. and bingo sync took place.

I'm thinking of closing the thread after reassigning some points.

Thanks a ton. Please hang around i need lots of ur help.

Regards

Arunkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ak,

There is a problem with your server. The connection is closed for some reason. You should do a soft restart of you J2EE server using the transaction SMICM.

FYI, FileNotFound means that the communication stream to the server has been closed

Hope it works!

Best Regards,

Karthik

Message was edited by: Karthik V Setty

If it works please ignore the above statement

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's ok karthik, That could probably be the reason. Probably the future developers could consolidate the answers for their solution.

Thanks all of u again.

Regards

Ak.

PS: hope i've given fair amount of points to all of you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik/Arun

Can you please send me 'CrEme327_AX_CE42_PPC_minimal.cab' because the samething is not available in NSICOM.com.

Currently they offer CrEme326_AX_CE42_PPC_minimal only which is not working for my PocketPC which got Intel(R)-PXA270 PROCESSOR and Windows Mobile 5.0 OS.

Even I tried 'CrEme328xxxxx' but not getting installed. So I believe 'CrEme327xxxx' should be the right version.

Can anyone send the '327' version to ragavanmail@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Ragavan.

Answers (0)