Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ran CATT Script for the role assignment to users

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have ran ECATT script for doing role assignment in QAS and completed successfully. I did this through CUA. What is the next step after running catt script? Do I need to doing anything with PFUD in each child system? Because I checked in the child systems many derived single roles are not generated in QAS.(RED). Is it because of running catt script or it might have came like that only from development? Please advise..

Regards,

Masood

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are using CUA then you need to check the idocs in the child system, fix any of the errors and then run PFUD.

What exactly is the error or status messages on the roles that are in "red" status? There could be plenty of reasons - main ones are coming through from dev un-generated, inconsistencies between master role and child roles. It is unlikely that is anything to do with the user mapping.

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for Info.

I am getting a message in the authorization tab as Profile comparision required. But I am using SUPC to mass generate in Dev but I have never used SUPC till now.

Please advise how to proceed..

Thanks,

Masood

0 Kudos

"Profile Comparison Required" means that your derived roles are not in sync with the master roles. You need to rectify this to get rid of the "red lights". PFUD will not fix this.

When roles are in this status, the profiles are generated and usable, you can verify this in the auth tab of the role.

0 Kudos

Hi Salman,

Check out the status of same roles in Dev system.. Are they generated (Green) in Dev, in this case you might need to transport the roles from Dev-> Test. Also check the last change documents of those roles, check if any one has done the changes in test system directly??.

0 Kudos

Hello,

I checked in Development also they are red. Only derived roles are red in status. Nothing has been changed in QAS. But when I was not on the project. Someone ran SU25 and executed the steps till 2c and the 4th step of SU24 check indicators in Dev.

I analysed and found that only derived roles in dev and qas have became red.

Please let me know how should I proceed from here

Thanks,

Masood

0 Kudos

Hi Salman,

Now I suggest you first focus on Dev landsacpe and complete the upgrade procedure which someone initiated but have not completed it. For Security upgrade , search with "SU25" on this forum or on help.sap. Once you correct the roles in Dev environment with updated objects/tcodes(New Version). make the transports and push them to QA environment and get the roles tested thoroughly.

Once testing is over you can move to production, this will sync up entire landscape with updated and generated roles/

0 Kudos

>

> Please let me know how should I proceed from here

Hi,

I have told you why the error message is there. What do you not understand about the resolution? Your parent roles are out of sync with the child roles so you need to re-sync them. An example of how do do this is to "adjust derived" from the master role. Only when you have done this will your roles be in sync again.

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I ran a catt script and all the roles are fine now. Thanks!