cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there any standard practice for the direct consignmnet settlement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All experts,

I'd like to send the vendor stocks to customer directly. looks like i need to setup some configuration for automatic posting so that when doing PGI, the relevant account posting can be created. can anyone share me the flow how it goes? does it like

when PGI

dr. AR

cr. GR/IR

dr. GR/IR

cr. stock

is it this GR/IR will create a line in MRKO for further settlement?

Elaine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

the process will happen in lot of retails business process as below:

1. Stock will be recived from the vendor on consignment basis GRN will be done (no accounting entries will happen) t code MB01 or MIGO

2. When the sales is happened in the stores the stock will be deducted as per the vendor basis accounting entries will be as belwo

Liability account will be credited

COGS account will be debited

3. IN T code MRKO the material document will be displayed and settled accounting entries as belwo

Vendor account will be credited

liability account will be debited

REgards

Damu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damu,

what u said is very close to what that I want. but is it supposed

when PGI, it should be ready in MRKO for settlement? my problem is right now after PGI, I don't see anything related regarding the PO settlement. do i have to setup some automatic posting so that the accounting entries to be generated?

Elaine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The PGI should be done with the movement type and the special stock indicator as "K" then the following entries will be made

Liability account credited

Cogs account debited

account may be assigned in t code OBYC for the transaction key KON

Transaction key is assigned in the movemnet type with special stock indicator "K"

and it will show in the t code MRKO for settlement

Regards

Damu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damu,

Done the configuration with your help. thanks!

Elaine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If the issue is closed ,kindly close the thread

Regards

Damu

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry. I'm not very used to this forum, is it just marked the questions as answer in order to close the thread?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your vendor directly ships stock to customer, then it is called as third party sales

Determine TAS item category in sales order

Create order >>> system will created Purchase requisition automatically after saving of order >>> Create P.O with refrance to PR >>>

Then vendor will ship stock to your customer

Vendor will raise bill on company

When invoice is posted,that time quantity is recorded.

Now you can raise invoice to end customer with refrance to order,

Kapil

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Looks like Third Party Process, so search the Forum for Third Party.

[https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/ThirdPartyorderprocessingin+Sales]

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amitesh,

it's not a third party order, we don't ask the vendor to send the goods directly to our customers. bascially the vendor keeps the stock in our WH, once the customer places an order, we directly send this goods to customers when the stock is still in consiged stock status.

Elaine

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

it's not a third party order, we don't ask the vendor to send the goods directly to our customers. bascially the vendor keeps the stock in our WH, once the customer places an order, we directly send this goods to customers when the stock is still in consiged stock status.

Some clarification required :-

The Free Goods stock kept in your warehouse is actually billed to you? or you are just keeping the stock on behalf of Vendor?

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the link given below, Hope this helps.

Regards,

MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amitesh,

We just keep stock on behalf of vendor only. the stock shouldn't be booked unless we change it to own stock or we directly PGI to customer order.

Elaine

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Follow the link provided by Mr. MT, the discussed scenario is similar to what you are looking for.

Regards

Amitesh Anand