cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Range in CIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my industry only CST and VAT is applicable.

There is one requirement from client that he wants

1. Different No. range of CST invoice and VAT invoice as per every state

2. Every year, No range should start with 1 and should not skip its number e;g for Punjab system should generate no. from 1 to 100 no. invoice for CST and 1 to 100 for VAT.

And for Andhra Pradesh system should have different number range starting with 1- 100.

Can billing reference be used here .. ?

Thanks,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On the basis of invoice type you can achieve this.

You can create various invoice types first, and made the combination

PLANT - BILLING TYPE - NUMBER RANGE INTERVAL.

There is user exit available for this you can take help of ABAPer

Currently am using this

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kapil,

Problem is that my client want to use same invoice no. for different states. This is standard business requirement in India. My client wants these different invoice documents for submitting different tax authorities.

Ex: - first invoice in UP with CST should have no. 1 and first invoice in Andhra Pradesh with CST should also have no. 1.

As per the state they need to submit tax detail to tax authorities.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As per the law Tax no. range should not skip and if it skip you should have valid explanation like you cancelled the first invoice and then issued a new one.

For every state you can have diffrenet no. range and you can maintain the same via a Z-table where you may use State, Year, VAT ?CST, No. Range, No. range Object etc. For example you may start the no. range of Delhi as 1100000001 - 110999999 and for Punjab it may be 1200000001 - 1209999999.

These Z Table no. range can be pulled by using the Exit RV60AFZZ (FORM USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE).

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Amitesh,

Thanks for your good suggestion.

I have proposed this solution to client but they did not opt this solution. They are more interested with the field u201CBilling Relevanceu201D in invoice.

Can we generate automatic number there in u201CBilling Relevanceu201D field in invoice??

Ravi

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The suggestion which I have provided is for Automatic No. generation only.

Whether you want to fill the field "Billing Relevance" witn generated invoice no.?? Can you provide me the table and field name of that? And whats the reason for using that field?

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks,

I wanted to know that this field (billing relevance, vbrk - xblnr) can be used in this scenario. Beside it I saw sap note 831870 but could not understand that how document class can be used in this scenario.?

My client is not willing to opt for Z Table logic which you explained earlier. Is there any other way to do this. ?

Thanks,

Answers (0)