cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-arranging Navigation nodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just wondering........

In Navigation Services, how does one change the name of a folder that has been already created in the Navigation Tree ? Also, how do I re-arrange the order of these nodes? Cutting + pasting just puts them at the bottom of all the siblings.....

ps. I know EP will give me much better control over my navigation trees and presentation but I'm limited to how this implementation was done unfortunately........

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think we'd all agree that the editor leaves quite a bit to be desired...

Use the System Management...Configurations screen to export the Navigation (single checkbox) and then remove the undesired files from the Profiles folder in the zip file. You'll easily see the ROLE and USER folders that containt the individual xml files.

Make your reordering, rebundle the zip and import it back using the same Configurations screen.

It would also be a good idea to confirm validity of the xml file before trying to import either a mal-formed file or corrupt xml into the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeremy,

Will give that a shot!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I never had any luck in re-arranging the navigation tree...at least in 12.0. I used to delete and re-create them in the order I wanted. Good Luck!

0 Kudos

Danny,

Have you tried Cut and Paste?

Sam