Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive in Business Graphics

former_member574468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I m usiing Business Graphics in WDY. In that i want to get an Interactive. That is, If I click the Graph It ll give me the Details. So that i need this Graph to be Intearctive.

Can anyone help me to comeout....

Thanks in Advance...

Regards,

Vimal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

It is possible to create an interactive business graphics and raise events on click of series or category.

To begin with -

a)Create one event in BG Properties OnAction. and remember to transfer Event parameters while creating event. Here one event parameter EVENT_ID will be useful for us.

b) Now if you observe when you create series and categories you also have an property called as eventid.

c) Create Attributes in the corresponding context nodes to which Series and Categories are bound to give your own event Id to each data point or series on graph ( attribute which you create is of type string ).

d) Now bind this attribute created iin context nodes of series and category to respective eventID property of Series and Category.

e) Now using event parameter EVENT_ID in you BG Graph OnAction Event you can code accordingly. You can use this variable to know which series or category was clicked.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Manas Dua

former_member574468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I ve create two attributes with type STRING and assign them in the EVENT_ID of Category and Series. While Execution, Cursor is changing to hand symbol when i move to Graph. But i m unable to get the values that i Clicked. The values are not storing in the Respective Category and Series attributes. How can i know the values which i clicked?

Regards,

Vimal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

Have you created these 2 attributes independently or are they child of the context nodes which are bound to series and category. You have create them as child. Also you have to fill these attributes with values when you are filling your series context node and category context node.

Have yuo created an event for BG Graph event onAction ?

Check the exapmple WDT_BG_SCATTER for usage of graph, I copied that example to my Z component, modified it and tried your scenario.

former_member574468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

can u tell me the step by step scenario with your own example to be followed?

I really not understand from the Report wt u ve sent.... Plz do the needfull

Regards,

Vimal..

Former Member
0 Kudos

okie,

for a sample, tell me whether you have sample WD Component WDT_BG_SCATTER present in your system.

If yes then copy it to create your own Z component lets say ZWDT_BG_COMPONENT.

Then we can proceed ahead..

former_member574468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I ve copied that standard into ZWDT_BG_SCATTER.

Then..?

former_member574468
Participant
0 Kudos

After set all the above, I ve created an Action for Business Graphics.

In that, I want to capture the point in which i was clicked....

Kindly help me to come out....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created one doc for the same and uploaded it here

Check it out http://www.scribd.com/doc/27313793

former_member574468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is working fine with Scatter Type. But if i wants to display with 'COLUMNS' type, in the X axis it is showing category1, category2, etc., But i want to display with my internal table data. How to do this?... Plz suggest me....

Regards,

Vimal...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Implentation is same, just change the graph type from scatter to bar chart..

Instead of point you will have category.

Check for sample graph applications for more details as how to create graph

Regards

Manas Dua

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.

please use the UI elements Link to Action . in here you can bind image source and action .

it may be helpful .

best regards .

former_member574468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

But within the Business Graphics Screen, Is Interactive Possible?