Background:

sales organization A - company code A - plant A - credit control area A

sales organization B - company code B - plant B

sales organization C - company code C - plant C

current sales process:

1. A sales semifinished product to B

2. B sales semifinished product to C

3. C sales finished product to A by processing semifinished product

4. A sales finished product to customers (credit management is activated; "Individual limit" is set)

new request:

sales organization C sales finished product to customers (credit management is needed)

Q1: Is it proper to extend the same account group, sales order type, delivery type, billing type from sales organization A to C?

Q2. If answer for Q1 is yes, what factor, or risk, impact I should consider?

Q3. As "Total amount" is not set in FD32, should this field be updated in sales organization A if using decentralized credit management?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Cathy,

The answer to both your questions depends on the Business requirement, which only your Core Members / Client can confirm.

 If the Business requirement is that Company Code C / Sales Organization C should also sell directly to Customers, then you have to configure so.

 If the Customers for the Sales Organization C should have the same customer code as Customers in Sales Organization A, only then you can use the same Account Group. If you need separate no. range, then you need to use separate Account Group.

 If the Sales Order / Delivery / Billing number ranges can be same for both the Sales Organizations, then use the same Document types or else use separate for separate Sales Organizations.

 If the Credit limit is the same for both the Sales Organizations, use the same Credit Control Area and if they are to be

different, use separate CCA. You said "As 'Total amount' is not set in FD32u2026.." , are you giving any Credit limit or not to customers? If yes then why is the field not populated with a value? Any way, you know why it is not filled and the same can continue for the second Sales Organization too.

Happy SAP.

Venkat - Hyd

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kapil, Venkat,

Again, many thanks for your valuable advice.

For answer for Q1 & 2, let me summary. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

If using the same no. range, sales organization A & C can use the same configuration, i.e. account group, sales order type, delivery type & billing type. No bad impact happens.

For Q3, I still got some questions. In sales organization A, "Individual limit" is set in FD32 while "Total amount" not. If using centralized credit management, should I just copy the amount in "Individual limit" to "Total amount"?

For e.g., customer ABC in sales organization A - "Individual limit" $1000, "Total amount" $0. To use centralized management, should I just enter $1000 in "Total amount"? No further aciton, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats correct Cathy.

Total Amount in Credit Management refers to the maximum amount allowed under an individual Credit Control Area.

If all the Company Codes / Sales Organizations are using the same CCA, then yes you need to fill the Total Amount field as $1000. Now when ever the Customer buys materials either from Sales Organization A or C, he is allowed only $1000 worth of materials.

Happy SAP.

Venkat - Hyd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If using the same no. range, sales organization A & C can use the same configuration, i.e. account group, sales order type, delivery type & billing type. No bad impact happens.

No any Bad impacts,but my suggestion is create diffrent ones so when ever you access any report it will give you better visibility and interactive too.

Kapil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Q1: Is it proper to extend the same account group, sales order type, delivery type, billing type from sales organization A to C?

>>> Extend the customer to sales organization C

Q2. If answer for Q1 is yes, what factor, or risk, impact I should consider?

>>> The sales organization is different and it also belongs to different company code,it means there is no any confilicts with other's becauze all the activities are under seprate entity.

Q3. As "Total amount" is not set in FD32, should this field be updated in sales organization A if using decentralized credit management?

>>> If you want centrallized credit controll then enter total limit, if you want individual cedit controll then maintain individual credit,then again you have to configure again a diffent credit controll area & assign it to company code C.

kapil