cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when creating system copy of PRD sistem to QAS system how to create transpo

Former Member
0 Kudos

when creating system copy of PRD sistem to QAS system how to create transport request queue on QAS with:

everything transported to QAS previously but

not transported to PRD.

We have an approval procedure with delete form queue on QAS after import.

Basically all tr.req from import queue(there I do not have delete from import queue) should be entered in same sequence to QAS.

I know how to add technically one transport request to queue but how to do that for many(all)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jan

Check the import history of both QAS and PRD from a date which is just after your previous system copy.

Use the V-lookup function of MS Excel. You can determine those request which were there in QAS but have not been moved to PRD yet.

Now, if you want to add multiple request in the import queue , I would recommend to do it from OS level but writing a script.

You will find multiple threads in SDN for how to add request in import queue from OS level. Below one might be helpful

Link: [;

Regards

Anindya

Edited by: Anindya Bose on Feb 22, 2010 10:02 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. My problem is scripting. How could a script in unix and linux look like to add multiple transport request in buffer from a comma delimited file

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make a list in Excel. Then write the command in excel

tp addtobuffer <request Number1> <SID> pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL

tp addtobuffer <request Number2> <SID> pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL

tp addtobuffer <request Number3> <SID> pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL

.......and so on..

After that you can write it in any notepad or text pad and then transfer to your UNIX or LINUX server by simple copy paste.

Then just execute that file. Please check Profile path for your system. You can also take help from the link in my previous post.

Regards

Anindya