cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to upgrade the SP before a conversion to unicode?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I need to do a conversion to unicode in our SMD... I have a simple question.. Right now the system have SAP_BASIS 700 SP08 and I see in the OSS note 1051576 that the Single code file exist for SP11, 14 and 16. Now, the question is... I need to upgrade the SAP_BASIS to SP16 right? I the others components I need to upgrade it to the last SP before do the conversion?? or if I only upgrade the SAP_BASIS component to SP16 is ok?

Thanks for ur help!

Carlos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Someone can help me here pls...

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gone through the attachements the specified note. I dont think it is mandatory for you to upgrade up to 16 ( it is always recommended to use the highest version). But the configuration documents are provided for SP11 onwards. so you may upgrade your BASIS component to any level between 11 and 16 and follow the related guide. And regarding the other components; when you upgarde your system using Maintenance Optimzer, it automatically calculates the related component versions also. If you are not using MOPZ, you can check the requirement in the corresponding note.

Rajeev

Answers (0)